Seriously Injured in a Collision or Rollover? Free Case Evaluation - Toll-Free 800.278.9200
National Statistics on Auto Accidents (2005)
- 43,443 car accident fatalities in the U.S.
- For every death, another 62 people are injured (2.7 million in 2005)
Car Accidents in Indiana (2005)
- 938 fatal auto accidents
- More than 50,000 people injured in crashes
The People Behind the Stats
In every one of those fatal accidents in Indiana, a ring of family and friends experienced a sudden and profound loss: a dad, a sister, a son, a girlfriend. And behind the thousands of injury accidents are real Indiana citizens -recovering from emergency surgery, undergoing painful physical therapy, permanently out of work, or perhaps forever changed by a brain injury.
Sevenish Law Firm of Indianapolis, Indiana provides statewide representation to victims of passenger car, van, pickup or SUV accidents. We are dedicated to strong legal advocacy, protecting your rights and seeking no less than the full and fair compensation you deserve.
The Golden Hour - the time immediately following a crash in Indiana - is important to your personal injury claim. Contact an Indiana vehicle accident attorney as soon as possible. Our firm dispatches an investigator to the scene immediately to photograph the damage to the vehicles (ideally before the vehicles have been moved). The investigator will also get statements or contact information from any witnesses, and document any evidence at the scene (road conditions, traffic signals, sun glare) that could be useful later.
- In severe accidents, it may be necessary for your lawyer to purchase the wrecked vehicle(s) from the insurance company to prevent destruction of evidence. An accident reconstruction specialist or engineering expert may extract critical information that shows an auto defect or counters defense arguments.
- Never give statements to the other driver, police, your insurance agent or bystanders acknowledging fault. These can and will be used to deny or reduce your compensation. Talk to an attorney first.
You are entitled under Indiana law to recover damages for:
- Medical expenses and lost wages
- Future medical care or home care required
- Lost earning potential (if you are disabled)
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life
- Inability to function as a whole person
- Disfigurement, deformity and permanency of injury
Your ability to recover full damages depends in part on the skill of your attorney, but also on your insurance coverage and the other driver's. (See Insurance Issues.) Your damages also may be reduced if you were at partly at fault. (See Comparative Fault).
Compensation may come in the form of a car accident settlement with the insurance companies, or Sevenish Law Firm may have to try the case in court. We prepare every case for the possibility of trial.
Strong Advocates for Serious Injury
We don't take every case. Nor do we simply pick the "quick claims" where negligence is clear. Sevenish Law Firm preserves its energy and resources for helping victims of catastrophic injury, traumatic brain injury or other serious injuries such as broken bones, eye injury, back injury, or disfigurement. Because of insurance limits and the difficulty of proving negligence, we believe these clients are most in need of quality representation.
It's in our nature to help. Call us toll-free at 800.278.9200 (statewide Indiana) for a free, no-obligation evaluation of your claim, or arrange a free consultation an Indianapolis car accident lawyer. Mr. Sevenish or a staff member can come to your home or hospital if your injuries prevent you from traveling. You pay no attorney's fees unless we gain compensation for you.