We Sue Drunk Drivers in Indiana
Compensation for Drunk Driving Injury Victims
When a driver, motorcyclist, or pedestrian is injured or killed by a drunk driver, we take it personally. The law will deal with the offending driver - we take care of the victims and families changed forever by a senseless, selfish act.
Before he took up the practice of law in 1985, Randy Sevenish enforced the law as a Marion County Sheriff's Department deputy and captain. In both capacities, he's seen the terrible aftermath of a drunk driving injury: fatality, brain injury, catastrophic injury and other serious harm.
100 Percent Preventable Tragedy
- 39 percent of all U.S. traffic accidents are alcohol-related (some intoxication by the driver or victim)
- 16,865 alcohol-related deaths nationwide (2005)
- 352 alcohol-related deaths in Indiana (2005), including 250 fatalities in which one or both drivers were legally drunk (.08 BAC or higher)
Compensation in a Drunk Driving Accident
You have some sympathy for a driver who is momentarily distracted and kills or injures someone. But it's hard to feel sorry for a person driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. At Sevenish Law Firm, we go after drunk drivers without mercy.
Collecting compensation in an Indiana drunk driving injury or death can be problematic, but we aggressively pursue every avenue:
- The driver can be sued for negligence - if they have insurance, and if they have enough insurance. Your own Uninsured Motorist policy may provide compensation - if you have adequate coverage.
- A bar, restaurant, liquor store or other establishment can be sued under the Dram Shop Act for providing alcohol to an already intoxicated person.
- Under Indiana's social host law, the host of a party or other person who provided alcohol to an obviously intoxicated person can also be liable for damages.
Toll-Free - Statewide - 800.278.9200
Randy Sevenish's law enforcement experience proves invaluable in examining police reports and other evidence in alcohol-related accidents. Contact an Indiana drunk driving injury attorney who will hold the negligent driver accountable. We offer a free consultation and case evaluation.