Recently, you may have suffered a serious burn injury incident, and today, you may be left with serious burns and many other damages. If another party is responsible for the incident, you can hold them to account for all of your damages. Our firm can help you do that.
One of our Bloomington burn injury lawyers can help regardless of what your situation may look like. Your lawyer can argue your case for you and resolve it with an insurer or, if necessary, a judge. During a free consultation, we’ll give you a better idea of how your lawyer will recover your due damages for you.
The Burn Injury Cases We Handle in Bloomington, IN
You may have gotten your burns in a work accident, a motor vehicle accident, or another incident. As a personal injury firm, we can handle your case regardless of the kind of personal injury incident that led to your injuries. We commonly handle cases involving:
- Construction site accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Truck accidents
- Auto accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Product liability accidents
- Premises liability accidents
- Accidents resulting in catastrophic damages or fatal injuries
For a free legal consultation with a burn injury lawyer serving Bloomington, call 317-636-7777
The Burn Injury Damages You Can Recover
Any kind of personal injury incident can be very serious, leading to a great number of damages. In your case, there may be many damages, including some you may not know you can recover. You may be able to recover:
- The cost of repairing or replacing any personal property damaged or destroyed in your incident, such as your car
- The costs of your medical treatments and related treatments, such as burn therapy
- The losses related to your income, such as lost wages
- The losses related to any muscle/nerve damage and disability you may have, such as loss of enjoyment of certain activities
- The damages related to any scarring you have, such as disfigurement
- The other damages related to your injuries, such as your pain and suffering
- The other damages related to your incident, such as any mental/emotional suffering
Additional Damages You May Be Able to Recover
You may believe the other party in your case acted with gross negligence or even maliciousness. If so, you can demand punitive damages for your case. A judge may award these damages in order to punish the other party.
If you lost a family member in a tragic accident, you can demand wrongful death damages. These damages may help you and the rest of your family support yourselves financially during this very difficult time in your lives. The damages may even help you find some closure.
Bloomington Burn Injury Lawyer Near Me 317-636-7777
The Services a Bloomington Burn Injury Lawyer Can Provide
There’s a lot a Bloomington burn injury attorney from our firm can do for you. For one, your lawyer can take over your entire case so you can focus on your recovery and your family. Your lawyer will focus on recovering damages for you.
To recover your due compensation, your lawyer can do the following:
- Determine your damages: Depending on the nature of your case, there may be many damages you can claim. Your lawyer will determine what those damages are and then list them in your claim or suit so you can recover compensation for them.
- Determine the value of your damages: You may have many non-financial, intangible damages, such as physical and mental suffering. Such damages can be difficult to valuate, but your lawyer can valuate them. Your lawyer can also communicate their value to the insurance company so they’ll understand how to compensate you for them.
- Settle your case: To resolve your case, your lawyer will negotiate with the insurance company and the opposing attorneys. If they make a fair settlement offer, your lawyer will bring it to you. If they don’t, your lawyer can threaten further legal action.
- Litigate: If the threat of further legal action doesn’t convince the other side to settle your case, your lawyer will take your case right to court. There, your lawyer will argue for a fair verdict. Beforehand, your lawyer may hire experts in various fields (such as an expert in accident reconstruction) to help your lawyer prove your case.
Click to contact our Bloomington Burn Injury Lawyer today
The Deadline for a Burn Injury Lawsuit in Indiana
You and your lawyer may choose to litigate your case right away by filing a lawsuit immediately. Alternatively, you and your lawyer may decide to file an insurance claim and possibly file a lawsuit later. Regardless, your lawyer can help you meet the deadline for a burn injury lawsuit.
This deadline is within 2 years from the date of your burn injury incident, according to IC § 34-11-2-4. The same deadline of 2 years goes for strict liability cases as well per IC § 34-20-3-1. The sooner you hire your lawyer, the sooner your lawyer will be able to begin your case and prepare for a lawsuit or a potential suit.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
About Your Bloomington Burn Injury Lawyer
The Bloomington personal injury lawyers from our firm have litigated and settled many cases, and have the reputation of being assertive and even aggressive with insurance companies. Our attorneys also have a great reputation with our clients and our peers. You can read our peer reviews and client reviews to learn more.
Our reputation has been recognized by many organizations, including the American Registry who gave us the award for the top 1% of America’s Most Honored Professionals. This award recognizes excellence in practical knowledge, professionalism, and presence in the Indiana community.
Contact Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. for Your Bloomington Burn Injury Lawyer
To learn more about working with one of our burn injury lawyers in Bloomington, IN, connect with our firm. We’ll tell you about how your lawyer can serve you at no cost to you until your lawyer recovers damages for you. Our payment system is based on a contingency fee, which means we don’t get paid unless you do. We’ll also consult with you and advise you about how to proceed with your case.
Regardless of what your situation is, one of our Bloomington burn injury lawyers can help. Your lawyer won’t hesitate to take your case to court if it will help you get the compensation you need and deserve. Contact Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. today to speak with us for free to discuss how we can plan a legal strategy that works for you.