If you or a loved one was injured in a construction accident, you may be entitled to seek compensation from the construction company, a municipality, or another liable party involved in your case.
We can help you if:
- You are a construction worker injured on a job site due to the negligence of a third party, a defective equipment manufacturer, or a fellow worker that works for a third party company.
- You were a driver, pedestrian, or cyclist injured on a construction site due to hazardous conditions left by a construction company.
A Brownsburg construction accident lawyer from Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. can investigate your case and help you gather evidence. Our team only works on personal injury cases–and we want to seek justice for you.
You May Be Able to Recover Your Damages with a Claim or Lawsuit
You could pursue compensation for the following types of damages:
- Costs for medical treatment, such as for surgeries, emergency room care, doctor’s appointments, and physical therapy
- Out-of-pocket medical costs related to your injuries, such as prescription medicines, support devices, and home care services
- Property damage, such as to your vehicle if the construction accident occurred while you were driving
- Your pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life if you developed a permanent disability from the accident
There are other damages you might be qualified to claim. We can tell you more about the compensation you are eligible to seek.
For a free legal consultation with a construction accidents lawyer serving Brownsburg, call 317-636-7777
Our Law Firm Helps People Like You Build Personal Injury Cases
You do not have to face any liable parties on your own. Our legal team can manage your case for you and act on your behalf throughout the legal process.
The following include some of the legal services we can offer you:
- Case analysis: We can review your case and collect any information you already have, such as from the accident report. From our analysis, we will identify who may be held liable in your case.
- Legal communication: We will handle all necessary communication on your behalf, such as from the insurance adjuster.
- Representation: Whether you file a claim or lawsuit, we can represent you and present your case. We can negotiate a settlement on your behalf or argue your case in court, depending on how your case progresses.
- Investigation: In some cases, further investigation may be necessary. We may contact eyewitnesses who might have seen the accident. We can also seek expert analysis for your case.
When you work with Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., our Brownsburg construction accident lawyer can handle every aspect of your case.
Brownsburg Construction Accident Lawyer Near Me 317-636-7777
Our Legal Team Can Make Sure You File Your Lawsuit On Time
In Indiana, you must comply with the statute of limitations if you want to file a lawsuit.
According to IC § 34-11-2-4, you have about two years to file your construction accident suit, with the deadline starting from the date of the injury. However, this deadline might be subject to change if other factors are involved. Our team can review these factors and file your lawsuit accordingly.
If you fail to meet this deadline, your case might get dismissed. Should that happen, you would not be able to compel the liable party to compensate you for your injuries.
Forms of Negligence That Might Entitle You to Seek Damages
You may be entitled to pursue compensation if you were in a construction accident that involved:
- Trip hazards for pedestrians or road hazards for vehicle drivers and bicyclists
- Collisions with construction accident vehicles
- Falling objects or building materials
- Falling into a hole, trench, or excavation area
- Explosions, gas leaks, or fires
- Exposure to toxic substances or chemicals
- Being caught in, crushed, or struck by machinery
- Scaffolding collapses
Other scenarios may also entitle you to seek compensation, so do not hesitate to call our law firm to tell us about how your injuries occurred.
Should you decide to work with us, we can conduct a private investigation to see how your accident was caused and to frame your case argument around another party’s negligence.
Proving That the Liable Party Was Negligent
When pursuing compensation, you must be able to assign liability to the at-fault party and prove how their negligence led to your injuries and subsequent damages.
We may frame our argument using the four elements of negligence, which are:
- Duty of care: The liable party needed to follow proper safety procedures to keep both workers and the public safe from harm.
- Breach of duty: The liable party did not uphold their duty of care, which introduced the risk of harm to nearby individuals at the construction site.
- Causation: Because of this breach, a construction accident occurred.
- Damages: You were injured in this construction accident and suffered additional damages.
Our law firm has experience dealing with personal injury cases against construction companies, so we are not afraid to stand up against them and fight on your behalf.
Liable Parties in a Construction Accident Case
We may be able to help you hold the following parties accountable in a construction accident case:
- Construction workers
- Construction companies
- Subcontractors or general contractors
- Manufacturers of faulty equipment
- A municipality
- And more
Keep in mind that we typically cannot help you sue your employer in the State of Indiana. However, we can work with your workers’ compensation attorney if you are seeking workers’ compensation and filing a personal injury claim.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Us Now to Hire a Brownsburg Construction Accident Lawyer
If you were injured near or on a construction site, you may be entitled to seek compensation. We once obtained a six-figure settlement for a motorcyclist injured in a construction zone. The team at Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. can help you identify who may be responsible for your injuries and damages–and then hold them liable for your losses.
Call our law firm at (317) 636-7777 today for a free consultation.