Bicycle riders are vulnerable to injuries when they collide with vehicles or are involved in other accidents. If you or a loved one was in a Carmel bicycle accident, you may be eligible to recover compensation for your losses. A Carmel bicycle accident lawyer at Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. is committed to protecting the rights of accident victims.
Our firm only practices personal injury law, which means we have a deep understanding of the challenges you are currently facing. We can help protect your future. Our team can investigate your accident and pursue the compensation to which you are entitled.
Types of Carmel Bicycle Accident Cases Our Firm Takes On
After a bicycle accident injury, you may be unsure where to turn for help. If you or a loved one was hurt in a bike accident, you want a legal team, including a bicycle accident lawyer in Carmel, IN, who is committed to getting your life back.
Our firm takes on a wide range of bicycle accidents, including those involving:
- Failure to share the road
- Equipment failure
- Road hazards
- Driving while intoxicated
- Distracted driving
- Opening a door into a bike lane
- Parking or driving in a bike lane
- Failure to stop at a stop sign
Over the years, Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. has earned a reputation for fighting aggressively for the rights of all accident victims. Let us fight for you. Reach out today, and we can meet whenever is most convenient for you.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Carmel, call 317-636-7777
We Manage Bicycle Accident Cases Caused by Negligence
Proving negligence is critical in a bicycle accident claim. This is why it is important to have an attorney on your side who has handled bicycle accident cases before. In our experience, we must prove negligence to recover compensation for claimants’ losses. This involves using evidence to show:
- Another party owed you a duty of care. Everyone owes each other a duty of care. For instance, all motorists have a duty of care to drive with reasonable caution and prudence.
- They breached their duty of care. When someone disregards others’ safety, they breach their duty of care. For example, when a motorist speeds, they breach their duty of care.
- Another party’s breach caused your injuries. We must prove that another party’s actions caused injuries that required medical care.
- You have damages. Finally, we must show that because another party caused your injuries, you’ve incurred various losses.
Using the accident report, eyewitness testimony, and accident reconstruction data, we can prove the other party’s negligence.
Carmel Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 317-636-7777
Damages Carmel Bicycle Accident Victims May Recover
After a bicycle accident, you may be facing thousands of dollars in medical bills, along with permanent injuries and the loss of property. Our firm is committed to recovering the maximum compensation you deserve.
Depending on the details of your case, you may recover the following damages in a Carmel bicycle accident case:
Dedicated bicyclists often invest thousands of dollars in high-end bicycles, safety equipment, and other bicycling accessories. You may recover the cost to repair or replace any personal property that was damaged in the bicycle accident, including your bike, helmet, trailer, saddlebags, lights, GPS unit, and other property.
Many victims face expensive medical treatment after a bicycle accident. If another party’s negligence caused the accident, you may recover the cost of hospitalization, surgeries, doctor’s appointments, and other medical care.
Lost Time at Work
If you are unable to work for a period of time after the accident, you may be unable to pay your rent or mortgage, cover your credit card payments, or even feed your family. You may be eligible to recover the pay you miss out on through a Carmel bicycle accident claim.
Pain and Suffering
The physical pain following a bicycle accident can be debilitating. Some accident victims suffer from anxiety, fear, and even post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). You may be eligible to recover pain and suffering damages to account for the accident’s physical and emotional impact on your life.
Wrongful Death-Related Damages
If a family member passes away following a bicycle accident, your family may be eligible to seek wrongful death damages from the at-fault party in Indiana. These losses may include the cost of a funeral, loss of income, and loss of the relationship.
Click to contact our Carmel Bicycle Accident Lawyer today
We’ve Recovered Millions for Injured People in Indiana
Our law firm has served its community since 1985. During that time, we’ve secured some of these outcomes:
- Our client was a 56-year-old man who came to us after suffering a bicycle accident. While it was obvious another driver caused the crash, the insurer still disputed his case. We secured a six-figure outcome that accounted for his losses.
- Our client was riding his bike when a motorist hit him. We recovered a six-figure settlement for his injuries, addressing conditions he deals with to this day.
We will do everything in our power to recover the funds you need and deserve. For more information about our previous cases’ results, you can connect with our legal team today.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Indiana Imposes Deadlines for Bicycle Accident Lawsuits Against Liable Parties
There isn’t much time for bicycle accident victims to hold the liable party responsible for their injuries. According to IC § 34-11-2-4, Indiana enforces a two-year statute of limitations, or deadline, for those filing personal injury lawsuits. Although there are always exceptions, two years is the applicable time frame in most cases.
Two years may seem like a long time, but it can go fast. Failure to adhere to the statute of limitations may leave you with little to no options for securing financial recovery. That’s why we recommend reaching out to our firm as soon as possible. We can get started on your case right away to help make sure everything is filed on time.
What to Do After a Bicycle Accident in Carmel, Indiana
After a bicycle accident, there are steps you can take to preserve your right to compensation. This involves:
- Filing a police report. If the police didn’t come to the accident scene, you should report the incident to the authorities. This will create a paper trail of what happened, as well as support your case.
- Identify witnesses. You want witnesses’ testimony to support your case. These aren’t just people who saw the accident happen; they could also comprise your healthcare team and family members.
- Write down what happened. Soon after the accident, document everything that happened during the accident in as much detail as possible. This includes the direction you and the motorist were going, weather conditions, traffic lights, and anything else that could support your case.
- Seek medical attention. Get medical attention as soon as possible. Not only do you want to promote your physical recovery, but the information you get from your doctor can create a compelling case.
- Consider your legal options. You don’t have to manage the legal process alone after a bicycle accident in Carmel. Instead, you can entrust your case to our injury team. We will file your claim, negotiate with the insurer, and advocate for what you need. We will do everything in our power to resolve your bicycle accident case.
During your free case review, we can discuss what other post-accident measures can support your case.
How Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. Can Help with Your Carmel, IN, Bicycle Accident Claim
For many accident victims, the legal process is complex and overwhelming. You want a legal team that is committed to fighting for you and is willing to protect your financial future. The bicycle accident lawyers in Carmel, IN, at Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. are here to help. We only take on personal injury cases, and there are no fees unless we recover compensation for you.
Our firm can assist you with:
Reviewing Your Situation and Explaining Your Options
A team member will come to you for a free bicycle accident case review. We will ask questions about your case and explain your legal options.
Evidence will work as the backbone of your bicycle accident case. The types of evidence we gather are based on your situation, but they usually involve:
- Security footage or traffic camera footage
- The crash report
- Medical records
- Witness testimony
Your account of the bicycle crash will also be an asset in proving your case. So, as mentioned, write down everything you recall right before, during, and after the incident.
Determining Who Is Liable for Your Losses
Liability is a critical aspect of personal injury cases. Our team will investigate your accident to determine who caused the accident and who can be held liable. This may include a driver, the driver’s employer, a government agency, a road repair crew, a bicycle manufacturer, or another third party.
Calculating the Full Extent of Your Losses
The losses after a bicycle accident can add up quickly, and our goal is to recover the full extent of your losses whenever possible. Our firm will consider all the ways the accident impacts your life, including your ability to do the things you love or complete daily tasks.
Communicating with You and Other Involved Parties
Our firm will handle all communication and correspondence with the other party, their attorneys, and insurers. In the event one of them reaches out to you, direct them to your lawyer, and they will take it from there.
Your lawyer will also keep in contact with you throughout the course of your case. They will provide you with regular updates and consult you about settlement offers from the other party’s insurer.
Fighting to Recover the Compensation You Deserve
Insurance companies are not on your side, and they may try to offer you far less than you deserve. Our job is to recover all the losses you deserve after your Carmel bicycle accident. This may include taking your claim to court.
Our Bicycle Accident Attorneys Will Take Your Case on a No-Win, No-Fee Basis
Your medical bills, time off work, and debilitating injuries can make affording a lawyer seem impossible. However, Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. will advocate for you in exchange for a contingency fee. In other words:
- Our team will not charge you any retainers.
- We don’t require any payments by the hour, out of pocket, or starting up.
Our law firm will finance your bicycle accident case from start to finish. We will only receive our fee if we secure compensation for you via a settlement or court award. Therefore, there is nothing due if we don’t win.
With this payment plan, you don’t risk anything financially, which will help you focus on your recovery without additional stress.
Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. Always Puts Clients First
Our firm is focused on getting the results you need to cope with your injuries. Previous clients have shared:
- “I will highly recommend Randy Sevenish to represent me, my cause, my case, whichever it happened to be because I know what Randy is. I know who Randy is. Randy’s a good guy.” – Bob H.
- “When you’re scared and the situation that you’ve never experienced you are looking for comfort, you’re looking for some stability there and Sevenish Law Firm gave me that stability, they gave me that comfort but I didn’t even know I was looking for. ” – Andriel A.
Reach Out to a Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Carmel, IN, Today
After a Carmel bicycle accident, you have a limited amount of time to pursue your losses. Our team is committed to protecting your rights and safeguarding your future.
Call Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., today for a free bicycle accident case review. Our team will come to a location convenient for you and explain your legal options.