If you suffered injuries after a car accident in the state of Indiana, you likely have a lot of questions about the accident and whether you can be compensated for your injuries.
Contact our team at Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. We can answer your questions regarding your personal injury case. Learn how our car accident lawyers in Carmel, IN, can get to work on your case.
Recoverable Damages in a Car Accident Case
The compensation you can recover for your damages differs by case. Common damages we have recovered for our clients include:
- Medical bills, including hospitalization, ambulance, medication, surgery, ongoing care, doctor appointments, and more
- Both past lost wages and future lost wages if your injuries kept you from returning to work or you had to take a lesser paying job
- Miscellaneous costs, such as renovating your home to accommodate your disability
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
We will investigate your case to determine its value and negotiate with the insurer for a fair settlement. If the insurer refuses, we will not hesitate to take your case to court.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Carmel, call 317-636-7777
Why Work with Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. On Your Car Accident Case
At our firm, founder Randall Sevenish has lived a life of service. Before going into law, he was a SWAT team captain and police captain.
With Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., you can expect more than just a law firm. We are dedicated to seeking justice in your case and supporting our clients through the whole process. Other reasons to work with our team include:
- Free case reviews. We want you to feel confident that working with us is a solid choice for you. Your initial consultation is free, and we will tell you exactly what we think we can do for your case.
- No-win, no-fee representation. We only receive payment if we win your case. You don’t need to pay any upfront fees or retainers to get started, lowering the financial risk of seeking legal representation.
- Excellent ratings and reviews. We have received the Martindale-Hubbell Preeminent Rating, which speaks to our team’s level of ethical practice and professionalism. We are also proud of our 4.9-star rating on Google Reviews.
Case Results for Our Past Clients
We will fight to seek the best possible results for you, as we have for our past clients. Prior settlements and awards we secured for car accident victims include:
- A six-figure settlement for a 67-year-old woman who suffered spinal cord injuries after she was rear-ended at an intersection
- A six-figure settlement for a 43-year-old woman who injured her wrist when her vehicle was struck during an improper pass maneuver
- A seven-figure settlement for a 27-year -old man who suffered several fractures to his entire body leaving him with a permanent drop foot condition due to a semi following too closely
- A seven-figure settlement for a 67-year-old man who suffered amputation of his foot during a motorcycle accident when he was struck by another motorcycle that crossed the centerline
Carmel Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 317-636-7777
Most Common Issues after a Car Accident in Indiana
After a car accident, even after following Indiana’s legally mandated driver duties (Indiana Code §9-26-1-1.1), you may feel overwhelmed and have a lot of questions and concerns related to the accident. The following are some of the most common issues our clients encountered after a car accident.
Speaking with the Other Driver’s Insurance Company
Insurance companies often want to settle personal injury claims quickly, even before the medical treatment or physical therapy has finished. If you agree to settle, you will likely end up leaving money on the table.
An insurance company may also ask you to sign a medical release to obtain your medical records regarding your injury. These medical release requests are typically too broad and request too much information that can be used against you in your case. The insurance adjuster might also attempt to get you to say something that will jeopardize your case.
We will represent you in all dealings with the insurance company to ensure it does not take advantage of you.
Recovering Compensation if the Other Driver Had No Insurance
If someone causes an accident and does not have insurance, you will want to use your uninsured or underinsured motorist protection coverage. This type of additional coverage is required in Indiana under minimum auto insurance requirements unless rejected in writing by you. The minimum standard of coverage is $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident.
Getting Medical Bills Paid after a Car Accident
Initially, you will be responsible for the medical, prescription, and physical therapy bills that are related to your car accident. However, if you were injured due to someone else’s negligence, you should be able to receive compensation for your medical bills.
Before that time, you should check your car insurance policy to see if you purchased “medical payments” coverage, which may pay for medical expenses up to $25,000 depending on the policy coverage you have. If you do not carry “medical payments” coverage, you may be able to have your health insurance pay for your medical expenses initially.
Whatever way you pay for your medical bills, if another party was at fault for the accident due to their negligence or recklessness, you should be compensated for your medical bills and related medical claims.
Deadlines to Bring a Lawsuit for Personal Injuries in Indiana
While deadlines can vary, Indiana’s statute of limitations (IC §34-11 Ch.2) gives you approximately two years to file your case in court regarding your personal injuries related to a car accident. We can help you determine how long you have in your case to file a claim for compensation for your injuries.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Why You Should Not Represent Yourself
Many people think it is better to just represent themselves in an accident case, but most people lack the experience and knowledge to successfully navigate a case. You may overstep deadlines or miss opportunities to recover compensation.
We also recommend that you do not hire a “discount” lawyer, as these lawyers often handle multiple different practice areas. They are jacks of all trades and are typically masters of none. We handle only personal injury cases, which means we know the satisfactory approach to take to win your case.
Contact a Car Accident Lawyer in Carmel, IN
From figuring out who was at fault for a car accident to filing insurance claims, the number of questions you have after a car accident can be overwhelming and staggering. The car accident lawyers in Carmel, IN, from Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. can help investigate the accident, provide assistance with filing claims, and help you negotiate with insurance companies.
Contact our team for help with your Carmel, IN, car accident questions today.