Whether you were taking a ride along Main Street or cruising on River Road, Indiana offers beautiful places to be on a motorcycle – but in an instant, a motorcycle crash can cause catastrophic damages. Randy Sevenish, the founder of Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. is a “Lawyer Who Rides” and understands the dangers and injuries that can occur from a motorcycle accident.
Our Carmel motorcycle accident lawyers from Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. can give you answers about your legal options and help you with your next steps. We offer free consultations. Our firm only takes on personal injury cases, so we know how to navigate the complexities of these incidents.
Damages Available After a Carmel Motorcycle Accident
Depending on the circumstances of your motorcycle accident, you could receive compensation for your injuries. The severity of your injuries and how they impact your life can play a role in the compensation you could recover. Our team will examine your damages and calculate their value.
Financial recovery in your case could account for:
- Medical bills: The lack of protective equipment can cause motorcyclists to sustain severe injuries that require extensive medical care. You could recover compensation for out-of-pocket costs for any medical care you needed, such as emergency room treatment, surgeries, hospitalizations, medications, diagnostic tests, and doctors’ visits. If your injuries require medical care in the future, we can include the projected value of your medical care needs in your case.
- Physical pain and suffering: You could be entitled to recover compensation for pain and suffering if you experienced pain, anguish, discomfort, or inconvenience because of your injuries.
- Lost wages: If you were out of work for a few days (or weeks) while recovering from your injuries, you could be entitled to recover compensation for the wages you lost.
- Future loss of income: If you are unable to return to work for months (or at all) because of your injuries, you can include any harm to your earning power in your case. The loss of health insurance or retirement benefits could also be recouped through legal action.
- Emotional distress: You could be entitled to recover compensation for emotional distress if you experienced anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, or sleep issues.
- Physical rehabilitation: The out-of-pocket costs for rehabilitative treatments, such as physical therapy, speech therapy, or occupational therapy, could be included in your case’s value.
- Property damage: The other party should pay for the cost of fixing or replacing your vehicle—not you. We can also include the cost of diminished property value in your claim for compensation.
While each accident is different, your Carmel motorcycle accident lawyer can help you determine what compensation you deserve.
Damages Available if You Lost a Loved One to a Motorcycle Accident
If your loved one passed away from their injuries, we want to extend our sincerest condolences. It is never easy to lose someone you love suddenly. Losing a loved one can leave you facing grief and many other losses.
Our team can help you recover compensation for the economic and non-economic challenges you now face, such as:
- Loss of companionship
- Lost income
- Medical bills
- Funeral expenses
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Carmel, call 317-636-7777
How Our Indiana Lawyers Recover Compensation from the Liable Driver
We must prove the following elements were true in your case to recover compensation for your motorcycle accident injuries:
- The other party owed you a duty of care. Drivers owe other road users a duty to drive safely and not place other road users in harm’s way.
- The other party breached their duty. This could mean illegal driving maneuvers, aggressive driving, and more.
- The breach of duty caused your accident and injuries. We must prove that the breach was the cause of your accident.
- You suffered damages. Damages can include lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and mental anguish, among other losses.
Many forms of negligence may have led to your accident and damages. Negligence may include:
- Failing to yield
- Failing to see a motorcyclist in their path
- Driving while distracted
- Driving while intoxicated
- Failing to follow basic traffic rules
At Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., our motorcycle accident lawyers can thoroughly investigate your case to determine how it happened and who was responsible.
Carmel Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 317-636-7777
We Can Handle the Common Complications of Motorcycle Accident Cases
According to the National Highway Safety Association (NHTSA), motorcyclists are at a high risk of fatal accidents, and the consequences of crashes for riders can easily be severe. However, motorcyclists still face bias when seeking compensation for an accident.
Often, they may face unfair claims from insurance adjusters. For instance, they may be deemed more responsible for the accident than they were. If you were in a motorcycle accident, you don’t have to face these challenges alone. We will handle any complications with your case, such as:
- Lowball settlement offers
- Delays in processing
- Outright denials
- Aggressive or unfair tactics
You do not have to accept unfairly low settlement offers. If you accept an offer, you cannot recover more compensation later. For this reason, we recommend that accident victims run any settlement offers by our team to ensure they get every cent they deserve.
Click to contact our Carmel Motorcycle Accident Lawyer today
How Long You Have To File a Personal Injury Lawsuit After a Motorcycle Accident
IC § 34-11-2-4 allows you approximately two years from the date of the motorcycle accident to file a lawsuit. However, some circumstances can reduce or lengthen that time frame.
Our motorcycle accident lawyers can help you determine your deadline to file a personal injury lawsuit under Indiana’s statute of limitations laws. You must meet these deadlines to keep your legal options open.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Reasons To Consider Hiring a Lawyer for Your Carmel, IN, Motorcycle Accident
Many accident victims believe they should just represent themselves when they file a claim. While no law says that you must hire a lawyer, you may experience unforeseen problems and challenges if you go it alone.
Here are some reasons to consider a lawyer’s help:
We Understand the Legal Process
Most accident victims do not know the ins and outs of the claims process—dealing with insurers, determining a value for a claim, gathering evidence, and negotiating. This inexperience can lead them to leave thousands or more on the table.
We Can Tell You What a Fair Settlement Offer Looks Like
If you accept a settlement before seeking legal assistance, you may be accepting less than you deserve. An insurance company may not accurately value your claim initially, and a lawyer can help argue for many additional forms of compensation.
You Have Serious Injuries and Need to Cover Major Medical Costs
When you’re facing major or catastrophic injuries, it’s even more important to consider legal help. When you need to seek the best possible settlement to cover the months or even years of care you require, your lawyer can fight for every dollar you deserve.
Why Work with Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. After Your Crash?
Consider these reasons to choose Sevenish Law Firm, P.C.:
Our Attorneys Focus on Personal Injury
Our team only takes personal injury cases. This means that we understand personal injury law and how to seek the best settlement for you.
We recommend against hiring discount or “jack-of-all-trades” firms. While these firms may have a lower rate, they often handle all practice areas. This means they likely know a little bit about everything but do not focus on any specific area.
Our Attorneys Are Committed to Client Service
Our team takes pride in offering personalized attention to each case and a high level of support throughout the legal process. As a former SWAT team commander, Attorney Randy Sevenish brings a lifetime of service to his work as an injury lawyer. He is ready to fight for you.
Randy Sevenish also brings experience as an avid motorcyclist. As the “Lawyer Who Rides,” Randy understands the unique challenges of motorcycle accident cases and will use his experience to seek results.
We Don’t Charge Upfront Fees or Costs
After a motorcycle accident, you could be out of work or face extensive medical bills. At Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., we understand the financial stress you face. That is why we don’t charge any upfront fees or costs for our services. At our firm, we offer:
- Free consultations for potential clients. During your consultation, we can listen to your story and listen to the details of the accident. We can also answer your questions and discuss your legal options.
- Help on a contingency-fee basis. Our attorneys work on a contingency-fee basis. This means we don’t charge for our services unless we are successful in helping you recover compensation. If you aren’t awarded compensation, we don’t request our attorney’s fees.
By not charging any upfront fees or costs, there is no financial risk in choosing our law firm for your motorcycle accident case. After your consultation, we can begin working on your case immediately. Our team can build a solid case strategy, so you can recover the compensation you deserve.
Get a Free Consultation About Your Motorcycle Accident Case in Carmel, IN
If you suffered injuries, loss of wages, or pain and suffering related to a motorcycle accident, you are likely terrified and overwhelmed. Randy Sevenish understands your fears and frustrations because he is a motorcyclist just like you.
The legal team at Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. is here to protect your rights after a motorcycle accident and help you build a strong Carmel accident case. Call us today for your free consultation.