Car accidents involving speeding cause thousands of severe and fatal injuries every year on United States roadways. Driving above the speed limit is negligent and against the law, and when drivers injure others by doing so, they should pay for the harm they cause.
If you or your loved one suffered injuries in a crash caused by another driver’s speeding, Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., can help you seek compensation from the at-fault party. Our Center Township, IN, speeding car accident lawyer will handle your personal injury claim or lawsuit and advocate for fair recovery for your medical bills and other damages.
We Will Fight for Your Speeding Car Accident Damages
As a dedicated personal injury firm, Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., has seen how victims of speeding accidents suffer. After a collision, you may face long-term injuries and an inability to work in the same capacity, leaving you with a lack of income while you are seeing medical bills increase.
You should not have to pay these bills yourself. You deserve to seek a fair settlement from the insurance company representing the driver who hit you. Our car accident attorney can pursue the awards owed to you, which may include:
- The medical expenses you incurred for the treatment of your injuries, including ambulance and emergency room services, your hospital stay, diagnostic procedures, doctors, medical procedures, physical therapy, and long-term and ongoing care.
- Income you lost because of the crash, your medical treatments, and recuperation time.
- Decreased earning capacity if you cannot make as much money as before the accident because of your injuries.
- Pain and suffering damages for your inconvenience, stress, and discomfort.
- Disfigurement if you have extensive scars from the crash.
- The cost of fixing or replacing your damaged vehicle.
- Wrongful death compensation if your loved one suffered a fatal injury in a speeding accident.
You might have additional losses for which you can pursue monetary damages from the party responsible for the collision. Our Center Township speeding car accident attorney will look at your situation and advise you of the losses you could recover.
You Have a Limited Time to Act
Keep in mind that you have a limited time to file a personal injury lawsuit. In Indiana, you have up to two years to begin the process, according to IC § 34-11-2-4. In addition, under IC § 34-23-1-1, you also have two years to pursue a wrongful death case.
You must meet these deadlines to avoid the court refusing your case or the insurance company reducing/denying your settlement. Therefore, it is a good idea to get started as soon as possible following your crash. Our attorney can help you proceed before time runs out.
We Work on Car Accident Cases in Indiana on a Contingency Fee Basis
Indiana has no laws requiring victims of car crashes to hire a personal injury attorney to represent them. However, the insurance company representing the speeding driver who hit you may have attorneys on its side, along with insurance adjusters. Our Center Township speeding car accident lawyer can work to even the playing field.
Fighting for personal injury victims is all we do, so the Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., team knows how insurance companies typically proceed after car accidents. Attorney Randall Sevenish is ready to counteract those techniques with more than 30 years of legal experience.
We work on a contingency fee basis, which means you do not need to pay us anything ahead of time to retain our services. Our fee will come as a percentage of the final settlement amount in your case. If we do not win compensation, you owe us nothing. Additionally, we offer free constellations to get you started.
For a free legal consultation with a speeding car accidents lawyer serving Center Township, call 317-636-7777
Our Lawyer Will Prove That Speeding Caused Your Center Township Auto Accident
To pursue a personal injury claim or lawsuit after a car accident, your attorney must show that the other driver behaved negligently. This does not mean we need to prove the other driver caused the accident on purpose. Instead, we must show they committed a reckless or careless act that did not provide other drivers with a reasonable standard of care.
Speeding is typically a clear sign of negligence. However, you must prove that speeding occurred at the time of (or just before) your traffic accident happened.
If police officers investigating the crash determined that the other driver was speeding, they may have issued a speeding ticket, which is evidence that you and your attorney can use in your speeding car accident case. If the police did not issue a ticket, we can take steps to show speeding happened, including:
- Interviewing witnesses to the crash
- Obtaining any recorded data from the vehicle
- Reviewing any video of the collision
- Hiring an accident recreation expert
The Dangers of Speeding on Center Township’s Roads
While drivers know that speeding is illegal, they may not know that speeding typically increases the risk of injuries and damages during an auto accident. According to 2020 statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 11,258 people died on U.S. roads in crashes where speeding was a contributing factor.
The NHTSA states that some of the ways speeding increases the possibility/severity of collisions include:
- Loss of control: The driver may not be able to maintain control of the vehicle at excessive speeds versus at slower speeds, especially in poor weather.
- Increased stopping distance: The speeding driver may not be able to stop as quickly as a driver going the speed limit, and they may not be able to avoid a collision with a hazard that suddenly appears in the road.
- Greater force: When motor vehicles traveling above the speed limit are in a crash, they create a higher level of force on the vehicles and on the bodies in the vehicles they hit versus a car traveling at the speed limit.
- Reduced safety equipment effectiveness: When a crash involves speeding, a vehicle’s seat belts and airbags may be less effective than during collisions at lower speeds.
Other Dangerous Actions From Speeders
When a driver is speeding, they may also have committed other acts that could increase the possibility of causing an accident, including:
- Drunk driving: A driver who has been drinking alcohol or taking drugs could have a reduced ability to make proper judgments while driving, which means they may be unaware they are speeding or choose to speed, ignoring the consequences.
- Distracted driving: A driver distracted behind the wheel may also be speeding, and they will then have a more difficult time avoiding hazards in the road.
- Reckless driving: A driver speeding on a multi-lane road could be weaving in and out of traffic, passing cars traveling at the speed limit, tailgating, and engaging in other reckless behaviors.
Our Center Township speeding car accident lawyer will fight to establish liability and ensure the person who caused your crash pays – not you or your family.
Center Township Speeding Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 317-636-7777
Mistakes That Could Cost You in a Center Township Speeding Car Accident Case
People are often surprised to learn their injury claim’s value can change based on things that happen long after the collision. For example:
Not Seeking Medical Treatment
You should see a doctor immediately if you have not done so already. Seeking treatment creates a record of your injuries for your case. It also ensures you do not have an undetected injury or an injury that is worse than you suspect.
Furthermore, it is essential you understand your wounds and necessary treatment before agreeing to a settlement. Once you accept a settlement, you cannot go back for additional medical damages if you find out your medical care is more extensive and costly than you initially thought.
Posting About the Collision on Social Media
Do not post about your accident on Facebook, Instagram, or any other social media. Even if only a few close friends and relatives usually see what you post, the negligent driver’s insurance company could access your account.
If the company sees what you posted, it may twist your words so that you might not recognize your version of what happened. Therefore, we advise our clients to stay off of social media until after their case settles or goes to trial.
Likewise, if the insurance company contacts you, do not provide them with details about your accident and injury, and do not agree to give a recorded statement. Instead, direct them to speak to your attorney.
Trying to Be a ‘Superhero’
You do not have to take care of everything by yourself. If you have suffered an injury, you need time to recuperate. This includes avoiding the stress of dealing with the insurance company.
Our clients get to rest and get better because they know our professionals are taking care of all legal matters from their collisions. We genuinely care about our clients. They do not have to worry about things like negotiating with claims adjusters or keeping track of the statute of limitations. When we are on the case, we have all those things covered.
Click to contact our Center Township Speeding Car Accident Lawyer today
Contact Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., for Help With Your Speeding Car Accident
Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., focuses only on personal injury law. Some discount law firms may try to handle injury cases along with all other types of cases, but they are a jack-of-all-trades and an expert in none.
Our Center Township speeding car accident lawyer near you will work tirelessly on your behalf, taking over negotiations with the insurer and allowing you to focus more on the healing process. Contact us as soon as possible for a free case review.
Call or text 317-636-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form