If you were injured in a bicycle accident, a Danville bicycle accident lawyer can help you seek compensation to help pay for your losses.
Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. will fight for the compensation you deserve. We will handle all the legal aspects of your case so you can focus on healing from your injuries.
Compensation Your Danville Bicycle Accident Lawyer Could Recover for You
We strongly urge you to consult with a personal injury attorney as soon as possible if you were involved in an accident. This gives us the ability to investigate your case and meet any deadlines that might impact your right to compensation
You may be entitled to compensation for damages, including:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional suffering
- Property damage
- Future damages
- Wrongful death
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Danville, call 317-636-7777
Benefits of Choosing a Danville Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Having a personal injury lawyer on your side has several benefits that can increase your likelihood of receiving fair compensation.
- Reduce stress: Handling your own case can be stressful, which can set back your recovery. Letting a professional do the work allows you to focus on yourself and your health.
- Knowledge of the law: A Danville bicycle accident lawyer understands the fine details of the law and will use that knowledge to your advantage while fighting for your compensation claim.
- Even the playing field: Insurance companies have their own lawyers. You can even the playing field by having one of your own who will fight for your best interests, so the opposing side does not take advantage of you.
- Calculate compensation: Our law firm can calculate the total compensation you deserve to sufficiently cover medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other damages, including future damages that you may not have considered.
- Negotiation skills: Negotiating by yourself can be a daunting task, especially when the other side has high-powered attorneys representing them. Our law firm can negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf.
Personal injury law is all we do at Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., and discount law firms may not be as familiar with personal injury law as we are.
Danville Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 317-636-7777
Cost of Danville Bicycle Accident Lawyer Services
You should know that there are no upfront costs at our law firm and that we will evaluate your case for free during the consultation stage. We operate on a contingency fee basis, so you don’t pay us unless we win your case.
We will gladly explain how the contingency fee works in more detail during your free consultation. The most important thing is that you have an attorney on your side to represent your best interests during this time.
Click to contact our Danville Bicycle Accident Lawyer today
Bicycle Accident Statute of Limitations
The statute of limitations to file a lawsuit for a claim if we can’t reach a settlement with your insurance company is generally two years, as outlined by state code IC § 34-11-2-4. If the insurance company denies your claim or offers you less compensation by downplaying your injuries and damages, we must file a lawsuit within two years, or you lose your right to compensation.
If you accept a compensation offer from the insurance company, you won’t be able to ask for additional compensation in the future. If you wait longer than two years to take legal action, it could be too late to file a lawsuit against the liable parties to recover the compensation to which you are entitled
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Your Bicycle Accident Injuries Impact Your Claim
The severity of your injuries impacts your compensation claims. Injuries resulting from bicycle accidents can leave you with costly medical bills, lost wages from having to miss work, and physical pain that stays with you for years to come. Understanding the severity of your injuries will help us determine how much compensation your case is worth.
- Superficial injuries: Superficial injuries include cuts, scrapes, and road rash on exposed skin. Cyclists with these injuries are at risk of infection and can incur permanent scarring.
- Broken bones: Bicyclists are especially vulnerable to suffering broken bones as a result of an accident. Some broken bones will heal quickly, while others may require surgery and lengthy physical therapy.
- Spinal cord injuries: One of the most severe injuries is spinal cord injuries. Not only can these injuries leave you with costly medical bills, but they can also result in temporary or permanent paralysis that could have lasting effects for the rest of your life.
- Traumatic brain injuries: Even if you always wear a helmet when you ride, you could still suffer a traumatic brain injury. Some of these injuries heal normally over time, but others could impact you for life.
If you suffered any of these injuries, you have the right to seek compensation from the liable party. A bicycle accident lawyer in Danville will be there to help you every step of the way.
Steps To Take After a Bicycle Accident
Indiana ranks as the 22nd safest state for cyclists in the nation, thanks in part to the Bike Safe Indiana program, but accidents still happen. Here’s what you should do if an accident happens to you and how it will affect your compensation claim.
- Seek immediate medical care: The first thing you should do after a bicycle accident is to seek medical attention. Your injuries could be minor, but they could worsen over time.
- Inform law enforcement: Indiana bicycle laws grant cyclists all of the rights and duties that drivers of motor vehicles possess. It’s important to notify the police right away so they can begin an investigation and document the incident. This information will be a crucial part of building your case.
- Collect all possible documentation: When filing your claim, it will be helpful to have as much documentation as possible to make a strong case. If possible, you should take pictures of the scene, including the damage. Take pictures of visible injuries as well. Obtain contact information from witnesses. You should also seek copies of documentation from the police and your doctor.
- Contact the insurance companies: Notify your insurance company as soon as possible. Your insurance may cover bicycle accidents, especially if it involves a motor vehicle.
- Consult a personal injury lawyer: You understandably want a fair settlement to cover medical costs and other expenses related to your bicycle accident. If you were struck by a motor vehicle, the driver’s insurance company may make an offer to settle as quickly as possible. These offers are usually low and may not cover your expenses, especially if injuries surface later on.
A lawyer who specializes in personal injury law, including bicycle accident law, can review all the details you may miss if you decide to pursue compensation on your own. Your lawyer will focus on legal matters so you can focus on healing from your injuries.
Contact a Danville Bicycle Accident Lawyer Today
Making a claim by yourself is unnecessary when you can have a personal injury lawyer from our law firm take care of it for you. We can help you file your compensation claim so you can focus on your recovery.
Even though most bicycle accident claims are settled out of court, Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., prepares to take every case to court if necessary. Our Danville bicycle accident lawyer will work hard to help you receive the compensation you deserve during this difficult time. You don’t have to do it alone. Don’t wait. Contact us today for your free consultation.
Call or text 317-636-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form