A motorcycle accident can be a life-altering event, causing severe physical injuries and emotional trauma. You shouldn’t have to worry about medical bills and lost wages. A Fishers motorcycle accident lawyer can recover your damages and hold the responsible parties financially accountable.
Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. represents motorcycle accident claimants. We’re ready to start championing your rights today.
You Generally Have Two Years to File Your Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit
Indiana imposes a statute of limitations on all motorcycle accident cases. Per IC § 34-11-2-4:
- You have two years from your accident’s date to file your lawsuit.
- Failing to act within this timeframe jeopardizes your right to compensation.
With our team on your side, you don’t have to worry about managing these deadlines. We will track them for you.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Fishers, call 317-636-7777
We Will Calculate and Pursue Your Injury-Related Losses
The value of your claim depends on multiple factors, including how the accident happened and how it affected you.
Compensable losses in your case may comprise:
- Medical services, including surgery and hospitalization
- Lost wages, income, bonuses, and promotions
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Loss of consortium
- Diminished future earning capacity
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Property damage expenses
- Miscellaneous out-of-pocket costs, including transportation expenses and childcare costs
If the insurance company offers a settlement, it may not reflect the true value of your claim. Our lawyers can assess any offers to determine whether they account for your past, present, and future injury-related needs.
Fishers Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 317-636-7777
How Our Lawyers Will Build Your Case and Seek Compensation
Our founding partner, Attorney Randall Sevenish, is an avid motorcyclist, being the Lawyer Who Rides. He takes motorcycle accident cases personally. When he takes your claim, he will:
Gather Evidence to Prove Your Case
When we file your insurance claim, we can’t just ask for compensation. We must supplement your claim with evidence. Attorney Sevenish will investigate your accident and obtain:
- A copy of the accident report from the City of Fishers
- Eyewitness testimony
- Traffic camera footage
- Black box data
- Photos of the accident scene and your external injuries
- Your medical treatment records
Our team may also consult with accident reconstruction specialists and use their testimony to support your case.
File Your Insurance Claim
Per the Indiana Department of Insurance, all motorists are required to carry auto insurance. After getting hurt, we will file your claim with the at-fault party’s insurer. This involves:
- Calculating your losses
- Reviewing the liable policy’s limits
- Communicating with the claims adjuster
- Responding to all insurance-related correspondence
- Negotiating a settlement
Not all insurance companies deal with claims in good faith. Sometimes, they bully injured claimants by accusing them of causing their own injuries. Other times, they’ll offer low settlements – hoping that claimants will settle for less than they’re owed.
We will protect you from these unfair business practices. If the insurance company won’t settle, we won’t hesitate to file a lawsuit.
Litigate Your Civil Case
Not only will we file your lawsuit within the statute of limitations, we will also:
- Take depositions
- Identify and interview key witnesses
- Fill out all necessary case-related paperwork
- Handle all communications with the involved parties, including their legal teams
- Apply relevant laws to your case
- Prove your right to fair compensation
- Adhere to all courtroom procedure
- Explain your legal rights
Click to contact our Fishers Motorcycle Accident Lawyer today
We Will Determine Who Is Responsible for Your Fishers Motorcycle Accident
Part of recovering compensation requires us to show who caused your accident. We may find that one or more of the following parties contributed to your losses:
A Negligent Driver
We may find that a negligent driver caused your accident by:
- Driving while intoxicated
- Driving while fatigued
- Reckless driving
- Weaving in and out of lanes
- Failing to yield to the right-of-way
- Driving while distracted, such as using a cell phone
All motorists have a duty of care to operate their vehicles with caution.
A Defective Vehicle Part
Malfunctioning auto parts can cause a motorcyclist to lose control of their bike. When this occurs, there are multiple parties who may be responsible.
We may look at the manufacturer, distributor, inspection agency, or retail company to determine who is at fault. Even if your motorcycle wasn’t recalled, a defective motor part could have caused your accident.
A Government Municipality
Government organizations are responsible for ensuring safe roadways. This means keeping streets free of:
- Loose gravel
- Uneven paving
- Snow or ice
- Debris, like broken glass or fallen branches
Regardless of how your accident occurred, our team will get to the bottom of what happened. We’re prepared to handle your case—regardless of how complex it is.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What to dDo After a Motorcycle Accident in Fishers, IN
We want to ensure the best possible outcome. You can help your case by:
Seeking Medical Attention
The most important thing you can do after a motorcycle accident is to seek medical attention. You may believe that you are not seriously hurt. However, some conditions take days to manifest obvious symptoms.
For instance, Mayo Clinic reports that symptoms of a traumatic brain injury can take weeks to present themselves. Seeking medical care does more than address your health condition; it provides evidence we can use to bolster your claim.
Documenting Your Accident
To document your accident, we recommend:
- Collecting the contact information of anyone who can support your case
- Gathering accident reports and your injury-related invoices, receipts, and bills
- Taking videos of your vehicle’s damage and external injuries
- Saving all emails between you and the insurance company
- Keeping all documentation you get while undergoing treatment, such as lab test results
Avoiding Communications with the Insurance Company
With our team on your side, you don’t have to talk to the insurance company. We will handle all communications for you. However, even if the insurer knows you have legal aid, they may still ask for a recorded statement.
When this happens, refer the insurer to your lawyer. A recorded statement does not help you. Our legal team can give the insurer all the information they require – and nothing more.
Our Lawyers Are Ready to Start Advocating for Your Rights Today
Are you ready to pursue compensation for your injury-related losses? If so, Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. is ready to serve you. Our team has decades of experience advocating for injured claimants–and we’ve recovered millions.
To connect with our team, dial (317) 636-7777.