If you have suffered a personal injury or lost a family member in a truck accident in Fishers, IN, the physical and emotional pain you may be experiencing can be incredibly overwhelming. You may be able to hold the responsible parties accountable.
Truck accidents can be catastrophic based on the size alone. A collision can result in bodily injury, property damage, and even loss of life. You do not have to face these issues alone. A truck accident lawyer in Fishers, IN can help.
At Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., “Randy” Sevenish has over 34 years of experience dedicated only to the practice area of personal injury. Formerly a law enforcement officer, Randy spent years on the police force investigating accidents.
Call today at (317) 636-7777 for a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your claim.
How a Truck Accident Can Happen
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety trucks can weigh 20-30 times more than the average passenger vehicle. The weight and size of a truck alone can cause intense damage. In many cases, these accidents happen because the driver is:
- Speeding or simply traveling too fast in inclement weather
- Distracted while operating the heavy truck, trailer, and load
- Too fatigued to be driving safely
- Talking on the cellphone or texting
- Intoxicated by drugs or alcohol
- Traveling too closely to cars in front of them to brake safely
- Negligent in performing a proper inspection of the truck, trailer, and load
- Not using safety precautions when parked near other traffic
Many truck drivers are upstanding operators of their vehicles. However, there are drivers and trucking company owners that do not abide by safety regulations set by the government. This puts property and human life at risk. Unfortunately, there are also trucking companies that encourage the violation of state and federal limitations on the number of hours a driver can be on the road (Hours of Service regulations imposed by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration). There is also a requirement for regular safety inspections on tractor-trailer equipment.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Fishers, call 317-636-7777
Common Liable Parties in a Truck Accident
In many cases, there is more than one responsible party in a truck accident. Those who could potentially be at fault are:
- The driver: If the driver is operating negligently or intentionally breaking safety regulations. If the driver is found to be impaired by drugs or alcohol, they could face punitive action.
- The trucking company: The trucking company can be held accountable for improper training of drivers or possibly hiring drivers without the appropriate background checks.
- The trailer owner: Sometimes, the trucking company does not also own the trailer. If the trailer has not been properly maintained or inspected before deployment, the trailer owner could be liable.
- The company that owns the load: The product, equipment, or supplies that are being hauled by the tractor-trailer could be owned by a separate company that may have falsified the total weight of the load or loaded the truck improperly.
- The equipment maintainer: Trucks should undergo regular maintenance and inspection. If safety regulations are not adhered to, the maintainer could be held accountable.
- The equipment manufacturer: Faulty parts and equipment have been reported to cause a crash. Sometimes this happens before a recall is put into order.
Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. is dedicated to protecting the rights of the wrongfully injured. Following an investigation, if multiple parties are found to be liable, we will pursue compensation to the fullest extent of the law. Call (317) 636-7777 today for a free review of your claim.
Fishers Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 317-636-7777
Damages You Could Recover by Filing a Truck Accident Claim
Sustaining an injury during a traffic crash with a large truck could allow you to file a claim and possibly recover compensation for:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages from missing work
- Missed opportunities, such as advancement, if you are unable to return to work
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Cost of professional counseling for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Other out of pocket expenses related to the accident
Following a truck accident in Fishers, IN, it is important to insist that reports are filed by the law enforcement authorities as these documents are important to determining liability. Eyewitness statements are also crucial to your case.
If you have been injured in a truck accident, seek immediate medical attention for evaluation. If possible, call Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. at (317) 636-7777 after your accident. We may be able to send a truck accident lawyer to investigate the scene.
Click to contact our Fishers Truck Accident Lawyer today
How a Truck Accident Lawyer in Fishers, IN Can Assist You with Your Claim
A traffic crash involving a big truck can be a traumatic event. Understandably, if you were left with injuries, you are probably focused on recovering.
The dedicated lawyers at Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. can help you with your claim in the following ways.
Conducting a Thorough Investigation
Randy Sevenish has served many years in law enforcement as a Police Captain. His experience on the force includes the ability to investigate the scene of an accident and understand police reports.
Eyewitnesses can be vital to determining liability and getting the full story of what happened leading up to, during, and after the accident.
We can contact your doctors to understand the extent of your injuries and your future care needs and the related expense of that medical attention. For example, some injuries could require extensive therapy or rehabilitation.
Negotiate with Insurance Companies
Once liability has been established, and we have calculated the scope of your damages, we can negotiate with the insurance companies and demand a fair settlement on your behalf.
Fight for Your Rights in Trial
Fortunately, in many cases, the settlement can be negotiated and agreed upon outside of court. If this is not the case, we will take a well-prepared case to court.
Call Randy at Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. to understand what a truck accident lawyer in Fishers, IN can do to assist you with your claim. We offer a free, no-obligation consultation by calling (317) 636-7777.