When someone else acts carelessly or negligently while driving, and that results in a car accident, the consequences can be devastating for you. Injuries, pain and suffering, loss of property, loss of a loved one are all some of the potential consequences. Having an attorney by your side may help you recover the damages you deserve.
Your Franklin car accident lawyer, Randy Sevenish focuses solely on personal injury cases.
Take the first step today in seeking compensation. If you were injured in a car collision, or you have lost a loved one due to an accident, call Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. today at (317) 636-7777. We can provide a free case consultation.
Facts About Car Accidents
The research from the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration shows us that some of the most common causes of car accidents are as follows:
- Distracted Driving: Research from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention show that distracted driving significantly reduces a person’s response time. People who cause an accident due to this may be held liable.
- Alcohol-Related Driving: Drinking and driving can also lead to life-altering injuries. Anyone who was drinking when an accident happened can be penalized and held responsible.
- Speeding: When someone drives too fast, it opens up all kinds of dangers and risks for an accident.
- Weather Conditions: When the weather is bad, drivers need to take more precautions. If someone does not drive carefully in the current weather, then they may be found negligent.
- Going Through a Red Light: This is extremely dangerous because it usually can lead to a smashing of another vehicle in the front-end, which can have fatal consequences.
- Reduced Visibility: Sometimes, the road conditions are difficult to see, and other times vehicles may be hard to see. Either way, the driver has a responsibility to focus on the road and ensure they pay attention.
A lawyer may help you investigate the cause of your accident.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Franklin, call 317-548-6310
Car Accident Injuries
When getting in a car accident, injuries may range from minor to severe. An accident can devastate someone’s life with injuries, for example. Some types of injuries from a car accident include:
- Head injuries, including brain concussions
- Whiplash and neck injuries
- Bruised or broken ribs
- Broken bones anywhere on the body
- Bruise, cuts, abrasions, and burns
Sometimes a car accident is so bad that it results in death. If your loved one is killed in a car accident, a wrongful death suit may help you regain financial compensation for your loss. In addition, to physical injuries, there are emotional consequences you may suffer from a car accident, too. Some of these include:
- Mental anguish
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Fear or anxiety about driving
You may also qualify for compensation for noneconomic losses, such as the ones listed above.
Franklin Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 317-548-6310
Steps To Take After a Car Accident
We suggest taking the following actions as soon as possible after seeking immediate medical treatment following an accident:
Get a Medical Check
Make sure to have a check-up by medical personnel. Even minor injuries may be worse than they appear. They may also result in ongoing medical conditions that require continued treatment or therapy. Our law firm does not want you to suffer any further losses as a result of someone’s negligence.
Jot down the details of what happened in a notebook so you remember details of the accident. Keeping a journal also helps to document noneconomic losses, such as pain and suffering.
Obtain a Police Report
Sometimes people are in a hurry when they give the police report. Or they are stressed about what just happened. However, try to be as accurate as possible when talking to the police.
If you were injured in a car collision or lost a loved one due to an accident, seek the assistance of a Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. by calling (317) 636-7777 for a free case consultation. You and your family deserve a legal advocate who only focuses on personal injury law.
Working with an Attorney After a Car Accident
Indiana’s law protects the vulnerable after a car accident. You are eligible for compensation for your physical and emotional pain and suffering, as well as other losses if they resulted from someone’s negligence.
We investigate your claim carefully and gather evidence from various sources. Some of the sources from which we gather include:
- Medical establishments
- Police departments
- Employers (to calculate your lost wages, if applicable)
- The other party
- Insurance information
When you work with a car accident lawyer, he can calculate the amount you are eligible for under the law.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get Started with a Franklin Car Accident Lawyer
Getting injured in a car collision is tragic, but you have options when seeking the compensation you deserve. Our Franklin Car Accident Lawyer at Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. is here to walk you through this difficult time. We may work to create a strong case based on evidence.
Focus on your health and recovery as a lawyer handles your case. Call Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. today at (317) 636-7777. We can provide you with a free, no-obligation case consultation.