The Indianapolis burn injury lawyers at Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. know how challenging life can be for burn injury victims. Since 1985, our personal injury attorneys have represented burn injury victims and their families in Indianapolis and throughout Indiana.
We offer free consultations so you can learn your options and find out how we can assist in your recovery.
The Reality of Burn Injuries on the Daily Lives of Victims and Their Families
A burn injury can be devastating for the victim and their family members. The injury may:
- Require extensive medical treatment
- Lead to a permanent disability
- Prevent you from working
- Trigger anxiety and depression
- Cause family members may to suffer from a loss of the victim’s income, services, and companionship
For a free legal consultation with a burn injury lawyer serving Indianapolis, call 317-636-7777
Recoverable Compensation in an Indianapolis Burn Injury Case
Your injuries can affect every aspect of your life: your physical health, your income, and your ability to enjoy daily experiences. Our law firm will help you pursue compensation for all your losses, including:
Medical Care – Past, Present, and Future
- Emergency care
- Ambulance services
- Surgery, including for skin grafts and plastic surgery
- Physical therapy
- Follow-up care with a doctor or specialist
- Oxygen assistance treatments
- Medical devices
- Therapy to treat contractures
- Oral and topical medication
You may require medical care well beyond initial emergency services, depending on the severity of your burn injury. Your lawyer will help you seek a settlement or award that reflects the full range of medical costs you have faced (and will face down the line).
Income Losses in the Short-Term and Long-Term
- Lost income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Loss of household services
Immediately after your injury, you may be out of work. If your injuries are serious and limit your normal function over the long term, we can help you seek compensation for the difference between your former earnings and current earnings.
Intangible Damages That Reflect Your Suffering
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
These damages reflect the serious emotional and psychological consequences of a burn injury. We can help you pursue damages to reflect any pain and mental health challenges the accident has caused you.
Indianapolis Burn Injury Lawyer Near Me 317-636-7777
How Our Attorneys Can Help You with an Injury Claim or Lawsuit
You can leave the details of your legal case to our team when you’re in pain and recovering from a serious accident. Our injury team will handle every aspect of your claim or lawsuit, including:
- Determining a goal value for your case
- Identifying the liable party or parties and gathering evidence to prove negligence
- Communicating with all third parties for you
- Negotiating a settlement
- Taking your case to trial and filing a civil lawsuit
- Keeping you updated with any changes to your case
After investigating your case, our team will explain your options to file a suit or seek an out-of-court settlement. Our lawyers are prepared to take the route that produces the best possible results for your case.
Beyond this, we want to ensure that you have support through every step of the process. Our firm will advocate for compensation and serve as a legal partner in your case.
Click to contact our Indianapolis Burn Injury Lawyer today
Negligent Accidents That Can Lead to Burn Injuries in Indiana
Your burn injuries may not be the result of a simple “accident.” Instead, your injuries could be the result of the negligent or otherwise wrongful conduct of others, including:
- Drivers responsible for a car, motorcycle, or truck accident
- Home or apartment owners and landlords who fail to inspect and maintain electrical wiring or who fail to provide proper smoke alarms and fire exits
- Doctors, nurses, or other medical professionals who expose patients to harmful chemicals or radiation
- Manufacturers who allow dangerous and defective products to enter the market or who fail to provide proper warnings about fire hazards
If Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. takes on your case, our Indianapolis burn injury lawyers would thoroughly investigate to determine the cause of the burn injury and who should be held accountable. We will build a case against a liable driver, property owner, business or product maker, or any other liable party.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Attorneys Understand How Burn Injuries Can Affect Victims
We can help you if your burn injury presents as more moderate or severe. Your burn injury may be categorized as:
- First-degree – A “superficial” burn damages the outer layer of the skin, heals relatively quickly, and leaves little or no scarring.
- Second-degree – A “partial thickness” burn reaches the second layer of skin tissue and may cause scarring.
- Third-degree – A “full thickness” burn reaches the fatty layer beneath skin tissue and destroys nerve cells.
- Fourth-degree – A possibly fatal burn injury reaches bones, muscles, and tendons.
We Will Consider Your Advanced Care Needs Related to Complications from Burns
A victim may suffer health complications such as the following, depending on the degree of the burn:
- Extreme pain
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Skin loss
- Bone loss
- Nerve damage
- Soft tissue damage
- Damage to the lungs or internal organs due to inhaling smoke
- Heart and lung failure
These complications can require advanced care. Additionally, a burn injury victim may need to undergo long-term physical and occupational therapy or mental health counseling to get the victim’s life back to normal. However, despite this therapy, the victim may be unable to return to work or do the job they once had.
We will work to seek compensation that fully addresses the extent of your harm, medical needs, and intangible losses. Our lawyers will seek the best possible results for you.
Why Choose Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. for Help with Your Case?
As a former SWAT team commander, attorney Randall “Randy” Sevenish understands how to conduct careful investigations of burn injuries. He also works closely with field experts who can help determine why a burn injury occurred and the harm it has caused a victim.
At Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., personal injury cases are all we do. Our team brings our experience with personal injury law to every case. Our firm is solely committed to helping injury victims recover from challenging times in their lives. You cannot say the same for other law firms that are jacks-of-all-trades but masters of none.
Our Indianapolis Burn Injury Lawyers Can Get Started on Your Case Today
Our Indianapolis burn injury lawyer represents burn injury victims with the commitment to justice that they deserve. We can protect your rights and seek just compensation.
For a free consultation, call Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. today at (317) 636-7777. You will pay no attorney fees unless you recover compensation.