Office InformationAddress Sevenish Law Firm
101 W Ohio St #2077, Indianapolis, IN 46204
Unfortunately, car accidents are all too common in Indiana. Some victims face overwhelming medical costs or suffer lost time from work during their painful recoveries. Additionally, some victims may have to battle insurance companies to get fair payment for their losses.
If you’ve been injured in a wreck and struggling in the aftermath, you don’t have to deal with insurance companies, medical costs, and injuries alone. An Indianapolis car accident lawyer on your side can allow you to focus on your physical recovery while pursuing compensation.
What Types of Compensation Are Available After a Car Accident in Indianapolis?
You may qualify for various forms of damages after your car accident, and we can help you determine what they are. Compensation may cover your costs for:
- Medical bills, including surgery, doctor’s visits, hospital stays, and rehabilitative therapy
- Lost wages for the time spent away from work
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life
- Burial and funeral expenses, if you lost a loved one
Our Indianapolis car accident lawyers can make sure we account for how your accident-related injuries will affect your future, as well. We will fight for fair compensation so that you do not suffer any further harm as a result of someone’s negligence on the road.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Indianapolis, call 317-636-7777
Indianapolis Car Accident Lawyer FAQs
The following are the most commonly asked questions our car accident attorneys in Indianapolis are asked by our clients. If your question isn’t listed here, just give us a call.
Is it worth hiring an Indianapolis car accident lawyer?
Reasons to hire a car accident lawyer after a crash
When to hire a car accident lawyer?
How an Indianapolis car accident lawyer help
Is It Worth Hiring an Indianapolis Car Accident Lawyer?
It is absolutely worth hiring a car accident lawyer in Indianapolis. An experienced auto accident attorney can take over the fight on your behalf, allowing you the time you need to heal.
We believe in providing comprehensive legal counsel and aggressively protecting our clients’ interests. We will examine every detail of your case to determine who should be held responsible.
How a Driver’s Negligence Can Make Them Liable for Your Losses
There are many different ways a crash can occur, but most involve some degree of negligence. Our car accident attorneys in Indianapolis can help you get justice for an accident caused by:
- Reckless driving. Speeding, aggressive driving, and failure to follow the rules of the road cause thousands of accidents across the country. We can help you file a claim against an at-fault driver, a driver’s insurance company, or an at-fault driver’s employer (if the driver was working at the time of the crash).
- Drunk driving. Impaired drivers have decreased reaction times and poor control over their vehicles, causing many to speed, cross over centerlines, or even fall asleep at the wheel. We examine police accident reports and request breath or blood test results to determine if a driver was drunk or drugged at the time of your accident. You might be able to hold the drunk driver or a bar that over-served him responsible for the crash.
- Distracted driving. Despite the dangers that texting or talking on a cell phone while driving may cause, millions of drivers continue to engage in these dangerous activities. We rely on police reports, eyewitness testimony, social media activities, and other evidence to establish the driver was not giving his full attention to the road.
- Automotive defects. Defective tires, faulty airbags, and flawed ignition switches are just a few of the recent poorly-made auto parts that have gained attention in recent years. Dozens of vehicles and auto parts are recalled every year in the U.S. due to potential safety risks. We can help you hold the manufacturer of a defective vehicle or auto part responsible for causing you injury.
- Poor road conditions. Slippery hills, uneven grades, and deep potholes can easily cause a driver to lose control of a vehicle. We can gather evidence at the scene to determine if a government entity or one of its contractors is liable for poor maintenance or faulty or dangerous roadway conditions that contributed to your accident.
If someone you love was killed in a fatal wreck and they weren’t at fault, see how one of our wrongful death lawyers can help you file a claim. Certain family members are eligible for compensation.
Reasons to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer After a Crash
You have the legal right to represent your own interests throughout the car accident settlement process, but it can be overwhelming. A car accident lawyer in Indianapolis can investigate your accident, calculate fair compensation, and fight for a fair settlement or court-awarded offer. This way, you can focus on your health and family.
Why You Should Work With a Lawyer Instead of a Claims Adjuster
When to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer in Indianapolis
If you are injured in a serious Indianapolis car accident, you initially might be focused on your physical, emotional, and mental recovery. However, there is a deadline by which you must file your lawsuit if you cannot achieve a fair settlement through an insurance claim.
Throughout Indiana, the statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits is set at two years from the date of the incident, according to Indiana Code §34-11-2-4. In other words, waiting more than two years after your car crash can mean that you lose the right to pursue compensation from the liable party.
Our Indianapolis, IN, car accident lawyers understand that your injury recovery process will take the bulk of your family’s attention during the months and years after your wreck. Let our skilled Indianapolis car accident attorneys handle your case so that you can be sure your claim is filed on time and your right to compensation is preserved.
When You Should Call a Lawyer After an Accident
How an Indianapolis Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
Our Indianapolis car accident attorneys have counseled numerous accident victims and their families. We know how difficult it can be to place your trust in someone after an accident. That is why we offer full transparency to all of our clients, allowing them to hold us to the same high standards we created for ourselves. For your case, we will:
- Conduct a thorough investigation of the accident. As a former police captain, Mr. Sevenish has years of experience investigating the finer details of many different types of accidents. We will collect all of the evidence of your accident to prepare a case that is supported by facts with specific details.
- Determine all parties who may be held responsible. An investigation may reveal that one or more parties can be held legally responsible for the harm you have suffered. According to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA), a driver can be held responsible for a drunk driving crash, but the bar that served him could also be found liable. A car company, its suppliers, and government entities can be liable.
- Examine all medical records to determine past losses. Many victims are not fully aware of how much they have lost as a result of the accident, putting them at risk of accepting a settlement that does not cover their costs.
- Work closely with experts to determine future losses. While many accident victims are able to resume their normal lives after an accident, some will continue to suffer long-term or even permanent effects. We draw on our relationships with medical professionals and others to calculate an accurate figure that combines loss of future earning capacity, scarring and disfigurement, loss of consortium, and other compensation through personal and economic damages.
- Prepare a detailed, written demand. We prepare each case on a written legal basis and medical chronology of the facts, with state-of-the-art exhibits confirming medical and legal issues and persuasive video documentaries with professional narration.
- Resolve and negotiate any liens attached to your recovery. We take over any collections that began as a result of financial hardship after your accident and make every effort to negotiate those liens down. Of every dollar we convince a lienholder to reduce a lien, 100% of that reduction goes back to the client directly—without additional attorney fees.
- Deal with insurance companies. We know what is necessary to maximize the legal value of your claim and minimize the financial obligation required to health insurers, allowing us to negotiate a full and fair settlement as fast as possible.
- Take a solid, well-prepared case to trial if needed. Although the vast majority of all claims settle out of court, we prepare each case as if it will go to trial.
Indianapolis Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 317-636-7777
Get Help from the Top Car Accident Attorneys in Indianapolis
If you have suffered a severe car accident injury, we can help you learn more about your case. Getting proper payment after an accident requires immediate action. Once the window has closed to file your suit, your right to seek car accident compensation is lost forever.
At the Sevenish Law Firm, we dedicate ourselves to each case with the honesty, fairness, and integrity that clients have come to expect from our attorneys and paralegals. Our initial consultations are free and confidential, and we always respond to calls within 24 hours.
Call or text 317-636-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form