Fatigued and drowsy drivers may cause car accidents by falling asleep behind the wheel, making simple mistakes, or having a slow reaction time. If you were a victim of an accident caused by a fatigued driver in Indianapolis, Indiana, you may be able to take action to recover a payout based on their negligence and liability. Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., led by personal injury attorney Randall Sevenish, may be able to help.
To learn more about your right to potentially hold the liable party responsible and pursue compensation you may be entitled to following an Indianapolis car accident, call (317) 636-7777 for a free case review with a member of the Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. team.
Fatigued Driving Can Cause Accidents Even if the Driver Does Not Fall Asleep
Fatigue and drowsiness may play a causative role in Indiana accidents. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, fatigue affects driving in several ways:
- Fatigue disrupts focus and makes it difficult to keep attention on driving.
- Fatigue slows reaction time, especially if there is an unexpected hazard.
- Fatigue affects one’s decision-making ability.
The worse the fatigue is, the more affected a driver’s abilities may become. If they fall asleep behind the wheel, this may cause additional concerns.
According to the National Safety Council, a fatigued driver is up to three times more likely to be in an accident than a driver who is well-rested. Despite hours of service laws that limit how long they can work, professional drivers may also cause driver fatigue car accidents. These types of drivers include:
- Commercial vehicle drivers
- Uber and Lyft rideshare drivers
- Truck drivers
- Taxicab drivers
If you sustained injuries in an Indianapolis driver fatigue car accident, call Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. at (317) 636-7777. Our team offers free initial consultations.
For a free legal consultation with a driver fatigue accidents lawyer serving Indianapolis, call 317-636-7777
Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. Handles Personal Injury Cases, Including Indianapolis Driver Fatigue Accidents
At Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., our team may be able to assist the victims of Indianapolis car accidents and gather evidence to support their claims and prove their damages. We may navigate the claims process on each victim’s behalf, using specific facts from their case to fight for the compensation they may be entitled to. Since 1985, attorney Randall Sevenish has handled only personal injury cases.
If you hire one of our Indianapolis driver fatigue lawyers to represent you in your car accident case, our team may be able to:
- Fight to protect your right to pursue fair compensation.
- Investigate your accident case to prove negligence and liability.
- Handle all communication with the insurance company and other parties.
- Document your injuries, expenses, and losses.
- Handle your case based on contingency, with no upfront costs for your family.
Pro se representation, in other words handling your insurance claim on your own, or relying on a discount law firm to navigate the Indianapolis auto liability claims process may be a bad idea. You may walk away having suffered additional losses, while still having medical bills or other expenses to pay.
The team at Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. may be able to help with this process. We handle only personal injury cases; whereas discount firm attorneys are often jacks of all trades, but masters of none.
Indianapolis Driver Fatigue Accident Lawyer Near Me 317-636-7777
Damages Possibly Available in a Driver Fatigue Car Accident Case
The Indianapolis car accident team from Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. understands all aspects of the Indiana Codes as they apply to personal injury accidents in and around Indianapolis. We may be able to navigate the process of seeking damages you may be entitled to, protecting your rights and ensuring you do not sustain additional losses. The laws governing these kinds of cases include:
- Indiana Code 34-51-2-5, under which the value of your recoverable damages may go down if the insurance company can prove your actions contributed to your accident or injuries.
- Indiana Code 34-11-2, under which you may only have two years to take legal action against the liable party or parties in your case, and missing this deadline could cause you to lose the right to file a lawsuit.
With these and other laws in mind, the team from Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. may be able to investigate your Indianapolis driver fatigue car accident case, gather evidence to prove negligence, liability, and damages, and take action to pursue a payout you may be entitled to. This payout could come as a result of a demand for a fair settlement from the insurance company or an award from a personal injury lawsuit.
The recoverable damages in a car accident case may include:
- Current and future medical treatment and care costs, as well as related expenses.
- Lost wages and benefits, as well as diminished earning ability.
- Property damages to your vehicle or other personal property.
- Accident-related out-of-pocket expenses.
- Current and future pain and suffering.
- Other noneconomic damages.
- Wrongful death damages for surviving family members of victims who passed away because of their accident injuries.
One of the difficult parts of handling a personal injury case may be ensuring you identify your damages and having the necessary evidence to prove their value.
Victims who handle their claims on their own may overlook expenses and losses, and there may be a lot of money left on the table. Alternatively, they may have a decent understanding of their expenses, but do not negotiate with the insurance company aggressively enough to recover the payout they may be entitled to.
If Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. collects proof of your documentable expenses and losses, our Indianapolis driver fatigue lawyers may be able to demand compensation from the insurance company and take the case to trial if they refuse a fair settlement agreement.
Talk to a Member of Our Indianapolis Driver Fatigue Car Accident Team Today
The Indianapolis driver fatigue lawyers from Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. offer free case reviews for victims of accidents caused by fatigued or drowsy drivers. Call (317) 636-7777 for a complimentary consultation to learn how we may be able to help.