If an Indianapolis driver exceeds the posted speed limit, they may put others in danger. If you were the victim of a car accident caused by a speeding driver in Indianapolis, Indiana, or a nearby area, you may have the right to hold the at-fault motorist responsible and seek compensation.
The team from Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., and personal injury attorney Randall Sevenish may be able to help pursue a payout you may be entitled to that may cover your injuries, pain and suffering, and other losses.
Call our team at (317) 636-7777 to get started with a no-cost review of your car accident case with an Indianapolis exceeding posted speed limits lawyer. The Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., car accident team may be able to explain your rights and detail how we may help.
Speeding Factored Into One in Five Fatal Indiana Accidents in 2018
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), speeding was a factor in car accidents that led to the deaths of almost 9,400 people in 2018. The Indiana University Public Policy Institute reported that 160 people passed away in car accidents where exceeding the posted speed limit was a factor that year. This accounted for 20 percent of the fatal collisions that occurred in Indiana in 2018.
Exceeding the posted speed limit may be dangerous in several ways, including reducing the time the driver has to react to an object on the road, another car pulling out, or other hazards. If a collision occurs, the injuries may be more severe because the force of an impact increases based on speed.
Exceeding posted speed limits may play a factor in many types of motor vehicle accident cases, including:
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Aggressive or reckless driving accidents
- Uber and Lyft rideshare accidents
- Taxicab accidents
- Truck accidents
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist accidents
If you believe an at-fault driver who exceeded the posted speed limits played a role in your Indianapolis car accident, call the team from Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., at (317) 636-7777 for a free case review with an Indianapolis exceeding posted speed limits lawyer.
For a free legal consultation with a exceeding posted speed limits car accidents lawyer serving Indianapolis, call 317-636-7777
Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., Fights for the Rights of the Injured in Indianapolis
For more than 30 years, personal injury lawyer Randall Sevenish has represented the interests of Indianapolis car accident victims. Our Indianapolis car accident attorney team from Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., can navigate the claims process and the level of evidence necessary to successfully support a claim. When necessary, we may also litigate a personal injury case and seek a monetary award for our clients.
If you are considering pro se representation when filing your car accident claim and navigating the process, know that an insurance adjuster may not be on your side. This process is often stressful and difficult, and many victims who choose to represent themselves may end up leaving a lot of money on the table during settlement negotiations. When you work with our Indianapolis car accident lawyer, you will have someone looking out for you and your interests.
Indianapolis Exceeding Posted Speed Limits Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 317-636-7777
Discount Law Firms Could Cost You
Hiring an Indianapolis traffic accident attorney from a discount law firm may also not be the best way to protect your payout in many cases. These attorneys are often jacks of all trades, and as the saying goes, this makes them a master of none. At Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., personal injury is the only area we handle. You may be able to speak to a member of the Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., team today for a free consultation about your traffic accident. Our Indianapolis exceeding posted speed limits lawyer can help you understand how you may be able to recover the compensation you may be entitled to based on the facts of your case.
Click to contact our Indianapolis Exceeding Posted Speed Limits Car Accident Lawyer today
Documenting Your Indianapolis Car Accident Expenses and Losses
As part of our potential investigation into your Indianapolis car accident case, the Indianapolis traffic accident attorney team from Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., may prove your current and future damages by:
- Collecting paperwork
- Obtaining relevant medical records
- Working closely with medical and economic experts
- Taking other necessary steps
This may allow us to approach the insurance company with a fair settlement agreement and evidence to back up that demand. Alternatively, we may use this evidence in court to show a Judge and jury the losses you may have sustained when another driver exceeded the posted speed limit on an Indianapolis road. Recoverable damages in an Indianapolis car accident case where the posted speed limit was exceeded may include:
- Medical treatment and other related expenses
- Lost income and benefits
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damages, including repair or replacement of your vehicle and other personal property
- Miscellaneous out-of-pocket expenses
- Wrongful death damages if a family member passed away in the accident
- Other documentable expenses and losses
- Pain and suffering and other non-economic damages
Under Indiana Code 34-51-2-5, you may be able to recover damages in your case even if the insurance company provides evidence to show that you partially contributed to your accident or injuries. If the insurance company or another party points the finger at you during the claims process, you may not want to try to mitigate this accusation pro se. Let our Indianapolis exceeding posted speed limits lawyers help you fight these allegations and prove you may be entitled to a payout.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
There May Be Strict Deadlines for Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit After an Indianapolis Car Accident
In some cases, you only have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit and possibly hold a negligent driver responsible for the accident they may have caused by exceeding the posted speed limit in Indianapolis. Indiana Codes 34-11-2 set the statute of limitations for pursuing this type of legal case. If you miss the deadline, the court may stop you from taking legal action and seeking compensation in your case.
At Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., one way we try to protect the rights of our clients is by ensuring we meet all applicable deadlines when possible. Connect with our team following your accident involving a driver who exceeded the posted speed limit so we may start to go to work fighting for your right to recover the awards you may be entitled to.
What to Do After a Speeding Driver Accident in Indianapolis
If you are suddenly struck by a driver exceeding the posted speed limit, it is understandable if it catches you off guard. But it’s important that you get your bearings as much as you can and take these essential steps:
- Remain calm and check yourself and other passengers for visible injuries. If you can, you should also get to a safe place away from the crash scene and out of the way of moving traffic.
- Call the police and paramedics. Wait for emergency care and law enforcement to come to the crash site. Once they arrive, you can get medical care from the first responders. Even in injuries aren’t visible, it is still possible you could have injuries whose symptoms haven’t emerged yet. Get the police officer’s name and other important information, as well as a copy of the police report.
- Document the crash scene with photos and video footage. If you can, make notes about the cars involved, the location, and any information that can help if you hire an Indianapolis lawyer who handles vehicle accidents. You can also write notes that help you recall how the accident happened. You can speak with witnesses, too. Get their contact information so you can reach out to them later.
- Collect important information from the other driver. This includes their driver’s license number, insurance information, license plate number, and other information. Keep conversation limited as you exchange this information. Avoid discussing or admitting fault for the crash, and do not apologize. Any of these actions could be viewed as fault on your part later.
- Inform your insurance company about the Indianapolis speeding car accident. When you call your insurer, stick to the facts of the accident. Avoid details about what took place. You can tell them you received medical treatment. You can also hire an Indianapolis personal injury lawyer to handle your speeding car accident case. They can represent you and take care of all communications with your insurance company as well as the opposing party’s insurer.
- Get in touch with an Indianapolis car accident attorney. Putting your life back together after an Indianapolis exceeding posted speed limits accident can have a lot of moving parts. Our attorney can manage your entire injury case for you. We can advise you of your options for recovery, investigate how the accident happened, collect evidence, identify the at-fault party and negotiate for a fair settlement that covers your damages. We can also review any settlement offers you receive so that you don’t accept a settlement that’s too low for your needs.
Speak to a Member of Our Indianapolis Car Accident Team
If you were the victim of a car accident caused by a speeding driver exceeding the posted speed limit in Indianapolis, a member of the Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., team may be able to discuss your case and options for seeking financial recovery.
Call (317) 636-7777 for a complimentary case evaluation with a member of our team.