After being injured in a car accident caused by a teen driver, you may be interested in learning about your financial recovery options. At Sevenish Law Firm, P.C, we extend legal aid to claimants who have suffered injuries in accidents because of teen drivers and other negligent parties. An Indianapolis teen driving accident lawyer from our firm can:
- Review the relevant insurance policies for coverage options
- Itemize the cost of your incurred damages
- Speak with your doctors regarding your condition
- Establish the four elements of negligence
- Negotiate with the liable insurance company
- Handle the communications and paperwork involved with your case
- File a lawsuit
We also work based on contingency, meaning that you do not need to pay us anything upfront to build your personal injury case. We do not ask for our attorney’s fees unless your case is successful. To learn more about our team, dial (317) 636-7777 to get started.
Possible Causes of Your Indianapolis Teen Driving Accident
To recover compensation, your legal team will need to determine how and why your accident happened. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that the leading cause of all motor vehicle collisions is driver error. When evaluating the circumstances of your accident, your lawyer may find that the other driver in your case did not uphold their duty of care.
There are many reasons why a teen driver may have caused your collision. Some contributing factors may include:
- Texting and driving. When a motorist does not have their full attention on the road, they put everyone around them in danger. Your lawyer can subpoena the teen driver’s phone records to determine if they were texting at the time of the crash.
- Drunk driving. In the State of Indiana, drunk driving is a crime, according to the Indiana Criminal Justice Institute (CJI). If the teen driver who caused your accident was operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol—even if they received criminal charges—you can initiate a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
- Speeding. Every driver on Indiana’s streets has a legal obligation to follow the posted speed limit. Your lawyer can read the police report to determine if speeding contributed to your car accident.
- Driver inexperience. Many teens are unable to employ defensive driving strategies, simply because they do not have enough experience driving. However, this does not shield them from fault and liability if they cause an accident. Your lawyer can review the negligent motorist’s driving records to determine how long they had been driving and if they have any previous traffic citations.
You may not see the cause of your collision listed here, but your lawyer can gather various pieces of evidence to determine why your accident occurred. From there, they can start the process of assigning fault and liability for your damages.
For a free legal consultation with a teen driving accidents lawyer serving Indianapolis, call 317-636-7777
Your Injuries Will Factor into the Value of Your Personal Injury Case
You may be dealing with expensive medical bills or impairments to your quality of life. Many of the damages that you are experiencing––both economic and non-economic––are recoverable via a personal injury claim or lawsuit. Some injuries you may be dealing with include:
- Broken or fractured bones
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
- Cuts, abrasions, and lacerations
- Spinal cord trauma
- Traumatic brain injury
- The loss of a limb or bodily function
An Indianapolis teen driving accident lawyer can meet with your health care team to discuss your diagnosis and prognosis. The nature and severity of your car accident injuries will affect the value of your personal injury case.
At Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., we are committed to protecting your legal rights following a car accident involving a teen driver. To learn more about how our team can support your legal interests, call (317) 636-7777.
Indianapolis Teen Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me 317-636-7777
Recoverable Damages Following a Collision
While your main focus may be recouping the cost of your medical bills, you may also be eligible to recover other types of damages. Your lawyer can review the evidence associated with your case to estimate the value of all your economic damages. They can also work to calculate the cost of your non-economic damages.
Some recoverable damages in your car accident case may include:
- Medical bills, including the cost of emergency transportation and follow-up care
- Lost wages, tips, bonuses, benefits, and employment opportunities
- Reduced earning capacity
- The cost of replacing or repairing your vehicle
- Pain and suffering
If you lost a loved one in a collision because of a teen driver, you may be able to recover the cost of their medical bills, household support, and lost income on their behalf. You can learn more about the damages you can pursue when you call Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. today.
Click to contact our Indianapolis Teen Driving Accident Lawyer today
Your Indianapolis Teen Driving Accident Lawyer Can Help You File a Lawsuit
Most personal injury cases are settled before they go to trial. However, if negotiations with the insurance company prove unsuccessful, you may need to go to court to get the money you need. Per Indiana Code (IC) §34-11-2-4, you typically have two years from the date of the crash to file a lawsuit in Indiana. If your case goes to court, then your lawyer can:
- Communicate with the defendant and their legal counsel
- Present evidence of negligence in court
- File your case within the state’s statutory deadline
- Look for contradictions in any witness testimony
- Negotiate for a pre-trial settlement
- Guide your case to completion
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Learn More About Your Options in a Free Case Review
You may be thinking about representing yourself after your accident with a negligent teen driver. However, handling a personal injury case is not an easy undertaking. Without legal representation, you will be solely responsible for all aspects regarding your case, on top of recovering from your injuries.
You can partner with an Indianapolis teen driving accident lawyer at no cost to you. At Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., we can handle your legal burdens while you focus on moving forward.
To learn more about what we can do for you, dial (317) 636-7777.