If you suffered injuries in an Indianapolis Uber or Lyft rideshare accident, you could pursue a payout by filing an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit. Personal injury attorney Randall Sevenish and his team at Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. can assist you.
We offer free case reviews to discuss your rideshare accident and explain your rights. You can learn about how our Indianapolis Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyers can help you navigate the claims process to recover compensation.
Understanding Indianapolis Rideshare Insurance Coverage
When an Uber, Lyft, or other rideshare vehicle is in an accident, it can be difficult to know who is liable. Our Indianapolis attorneys handle these cases regularly, and we can get to the bottom of what happened.
Rideshare drivers are independent contractors under Indiana law. This means the rideshare company is not necessarily vicariously liable when a driver hits someone.
Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. represents injured victims of rideshare accidents, including Uber, Lyft, and other rideshare companies. Our personal injury attorney. Randy Sevenish, understands how Indiana laws and the rideshare companies’ insurance policies work.
For a free legal consultation with a uber and lyft rideshare accidents lawyer serving Indianapolis, call 317-636-7777
Determining Which Insurance Policy Applies
In general, both Lyft and Uber rely on policies that depend on the driver’s status at the time of the accident. For example:
- The driver’s insurance covers accidents when the driver is off the app.
- The driver’s insurance is the primary coverage when the driver is available for a ride, and the rideshare company provides contingent coverage if the driver’s insurer denies the claim.
- The rideshare company provides liability coverage when the driver is matched with a rider or on a trip.
At Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., our lawyers serving Indianapolis can determine which insurance coverage may apply. From there, they can navigate the claims process.
Indianapolis Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me 317-636-7777
Insurers May Deny or Undervalue Your Claim
When a rideshare driver is involved in an accident, insurers can go back and forth disputing liability. For example, they can argue over the driver’s status at the time of the accident. We can provide evidence to demonstrate liability when this happens.
Randy Sevenish and the team from Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. only handle personal injury cases, including Uber and Lyft rideshare accident cases. We know how rideshare insurance policies work, how to identify the liable party (or parties), and how to protect your rights throughout the process.
Click to contact our Indianapolis Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accident Lawyer today
Pursuing Damages in an Indianapolis Rideshare Accident Case
You may suffer injuries that require extensive medical treatment. That may not be the end of the road when it comes to making a full recovery, either. Permanent impairment can require lifelong treatment. You deserve a settlement that will fairly account for your losses.
You may be able to recover:
- Immediate medical bills, such as surgeries, medication, and emergency room care
- Ongoing medical care, such as in-home aid and rehabilitative therapy
- Lost wages if you had to miss work while dealing with your injuries
- Reduced earning capacity if you cannot perform the same duties at work and make your pre-injury income
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Out-of-pocket expenses
We aim for fair compensation and nothing less.
We’ve Recovered Millions for Car Accident Claimants in Indiana
We want you to feel confident about partnering with our team. Here are some of the outcomes we’ve achieved for injured claimants:
- Our client was sitting patiently at a red light when they were violently rear-ended. Their injuries required multiple surgeries, and to this day, our client still deals with painful conditions. Through an insurance settlement, we recovered a six-figure award.
- Our client was enjoying a car ride with her son when another driver struck them. Through mediations, we recovered a high six-figure settlement.
- Our client came to us after spending five days in the hospital following a collision. She nearly lost the use of one of her hands. Through tense negotiations, we recovered a high-six figure settlement without having to file a lawsuit.
We will do everything in our power to recover what you need.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Team Can Gather Pertinent Evidence for Your Case
Our team of Indianapolis accident lawyers can collect evidence of a rideshare driver’s negligence. We may also speak to experts to help prove your Indianapolis Uber and Lyft car accident injuries and damages. We may speak with:
- Accident reconstruction experts
- Medical experts to discuss your treatment and pain and suffering
- Medical experts to discuss your future care and prognosis
- Industry experts to discuss your missed wages and returning to work
- Economists to discuss your anticipated costs
If the liable party refuses to take responsibility, or the insurance company will not offer a just settlement, we can file a lawsuit and take the case to trial.
There are Strict Deadlines on Taking Legal Action in an Indiana Accident Case
IC § 34-11-2 imposes a timeline of two years following an accident to file a lawsuit against the driver or another liable party. Thus, starting this process as soon as possible after you suffer injuries could benefit you. It takes time to investigate a case, gather evidence, and negotiate a settlement.
If you do not meet the deadline, the court could dismiss your case. Do not let a negligent rideshare driver get away with causing your injuries. We can start working on your case immediately.
Seek Medical Attention Immediately
Make sure you see a doctor as soon as possible after your rideshare accident. Your health and your case for compensation depend on it. The sooner you begin receiving treatment, the better chances you have of making a full recovery. Even if you think your injuries are not severe, let a doctor assess them and provide a prognosis.
Medical documentation is also instrumental in proving damages and seeking compensation. Your prognosis can give us an idea of your future medical expenses, as well. We want to make sure we seek what you deserve.
Frequently Asked Questions About Rideshare Accidents in Indianapolis
The process for recovering compensation following an Uber, Lyft, or rideshare accident can be complex. You may have many unanswered questions surrounding the claims process, your compensation, and what to expect next.
With this in mind, we have answered some of the most commonly asked questions surrounding rideshare accident claims in Indianapolis below. If you have additional questions we did not answer here, you can learn more during a free case review.
Will I Have To Go To Court To Recover Damages?
Most car accident cases, including rideshare accident cases, do not warrant lawsuits. We’re usually able to resolve these cases through negotiations or mediations with the liable party. However, your case may require a lawsuit to reach completion.
We may file a lawsuit to advance your case if:
- The insurance company doesn’t offer a fair settlement. You don’t have to accept a lowball offer from the liable insurer. You can file a lawsuit against the at-fault party if it refuses to offer what you need.
- The liable party doesn’t have enough insurance. The liable party may not have adequate insurance to cover your losses. You shouldn’t have to pay for losses caused by another party’s negligence. This is where filing a lawsuit could recoup what you need.
- You want to recoup non-economic damages. Pain and suffering, disability, and disfigurement are generally not covered under accident policies. Yet, these hardships could make up a large portion of your claim. A lawsuit could secure compensation for your non-tangible losses.
Attorney Randy Sevenish has served injured claimants since 1985. In that time, he’s taken countless cases to court with positive outcomes. If your case requires filing a lawsuit, you can breathe easy; Attorney Sevenish will take care of it.
Do I Have a Case?
Right now, we don’t want you to worry about whether you have a case. Instead, we want you to focus on healing from your rideshare accident. During your free case review, you can learn more about your case’s potential, including what you can recover.
Don’t let the other party assert that you don’t have a case. They’re not acting in your best interest. Yet, we are.
Let Our Indianapolis Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accident Team Handle Your Case
At Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., our team can help you pursue financial recovery so you can put your life back together. We handle these cases based on contingency, so you will not pay us any attorney’s fees out of pocket. Our team only accepts payment if we secure a settlement or other compensation in your case.
To learn more, call now. We can review your rideshare accident, discuss your injuries, and help you understand your options for pursuing compensation. An Indianapolis-based attorney from Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. can handle your rideshare accident case from beginning to end.