T-bone accidents tend to occur at busy, high-traffic areas and intersections. For a motorcyclist, these types of side-impact collisions can be deadly. Since motorcycles are compact and lower to the ground, motorists may not see them right away, especially in heavy and congested traffic situations. All drivers should check their blind spots and keep an eye out for motorcyclists, but some don’t.
Our Indianapolis T-bone motorcycle accident lawyers can fight for fair compensation for your injuries. Our law firm’s founder, Attorney Randall “Randy” Sevenish, has been an avid motorcycle enthusiast and rider. Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. advocates for victims of negligence, and we can discuss your motorcycle accident during a free consultation.
A variety of damages may apply when you suffer injuries in a motorcycle accident. Your potential compensation will depend on the severity of your injuries and their effect on your life. We can pursue both current and future expenses related to your accident, such as:
- Current medical expenses, including diagnostic testing, hospital stays, and surgeries
- Ongoing medical care, such as physical therapy, in-home aid, and specialists
- Lost wages, including benefits, bonuses, and paid time off
- Reduced earning capacity for the difference between your pre-injury income and what you can now earn
- Pain and suffering for your physical pain and emotional turmoil
- Loss of quality of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
You shouldn’t have to foot the bill for someone else’s carelessness. We can help you pursue the liable party for fair compensation. We will leave no stone unturned when accounting for your losses.
Wrongful Death Damages
If you lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, no amount of money can make up for their absence. Still, your family deserves justice, and we want to help. We can file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit on your behalf.
You may recover:
- Your loved one’s burial expenses
- Your loved one’s income
- Your loved one’s accident-related medical expenses
- Your loved one’s pain and suffering
- Lost wages if you took time off work to tend to your loved one before their passing
While you grieve in peace and honor their memory, we can handle the legal work.
For a free legal consultation with a t-bone motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Indianapolis, call 317-636-7777
How Negligence Can Cause a T-Bone Motorcycle Accident
In 2019, there were 2,495 fatal crashes involving a motorcycle and another type of vehicle, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Determining causation and fault is critical to collecting compensation for your losses. Our Indianapolis T-bone motorcycle accident lawyers can investigate your accident to gather evidence of a driver’s negligence. We may discover that they:
- Disregarded a stop sign, stoplight, or other traffic signals
- Engaged in distracted driving
- Failed to yield the right of way prior to making a left-hand turn
- Failed to adhere to posted speed limits
- Failed to check their blind spot
Other failures could constitute negligence, which would make the driver liable for your injuries and losses.
Indianapolis T-Bone Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 317-636-7777
Common Injuries in T-Bone Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle riders are more vulnerable and likely to be seriously injured in an accident because they are so exposed to the open road. In addition to the impact of the collision, a rider may be thrown from a motorcycle and crash into surrounding objects.
If a motorcyclist is hit from the side in a T-bone accident, the rider is more likely to suffer injuries to their lower extremities, according to EFORT Open Reviews. They often suffer damage to internal organs, as well as their back, neck, and spinal cord. Traumatic brain injuries are also common.
Impact injuries such as burns, road rash, upper body fractures, crush syndromes, contusions, and disfigurement can also result from motorcycle accidents. These injuries can result in chronic pain conditions and mobility issues.
Click to contact our Indianapolis T-Bone Motorcycle Accident Lawyer today
You Have a Limited Amount of Time To Act
You have a limited amount of time to file your T-bone motorcycle accident case in Indiana before the personal injury statute of limitations expires. For most cases, IC § 34-11-2-4 sets the deadline at two years from the date of your accident and subsequent injury.
If you are unable to settle your claim with the insurance company or decide to file a lawsuit from the start, you must do so before the deadline. If you miss the deadline. A lawyer from our firm can make sure that you meet the deadline so long as you start your case soon enough.
Keep in mind that it takes time to investigate an accident and build a case. The sooner we start your claim, the better we can preserve evidence and protect your rights to compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Sevenish Law Firm, P.C.’s Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Can Help You
Motorcycle accident cases can get complicated, as insurance carriers may argue on who bears the fault. You don’t have to face yours alone. Our team is ready to handle all the legal aspects of your case so you can focus on healing from your injuries.
- Prepare a claim for compensation by calculating your current medical bills, anticipated future medical expenses, and loss of income
- Work to develop estimates of any ongoing needs and living expenses you might have related to the injury
- Negotiate for a settlement that reflects your monetary losses as well as the severity of your injuries and the impact of the accident on your quality of life
- Prepare to go to court and seek justice for you if the insurance company does not offer a fair settlement
Contact Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. Today
Call us today for a free case review and evaluation regarding your T-bone motorcycle accident. There is no fee unless we win your case.
We serve Indianapolis, Noblesville, Carmel, Fishers, Jeffersonville, Greenwoods, and Evansville.