Office InformationAddress Sevenish Law Firm
101 W Ohio St #2077, Indianapolis, IN 46204
When you’ve been seriously injured in a traffic accident and are considering taking legal action against the responsible parties, you can benefit from the legal representation of a team that knows personal injury law inside and out.
In cases like these, a positive attorney-client relationship can be absolutely essential. This is why our founder, Randy Sevenish, created the Clients First® Bill of Rights, guaranteeing his clients respectful and attentive representation that includes honest communication, regular case updates, promptly returned calls, and fair fees.
Damages You Can Seek After a Traffic Accident
We understand that a traffic accident can affect every aspect of your life. Our firm can help traffic accident victims pursue compensation for special damages, such as:
- Medical expenses
- Vehicle repair or replacement costs
- Lost wages and loss of earning potential
We can also help you seek general damages, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Reduced quality of life
The Indianapolis traffic accident attorneys from Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. are dedicated to helping clients seek the best possible settlement in the shortest amount of time.
For a free legal consultation with a traffic accidents lawyer serving Indianapolis, call 317-636-7777
How We Will Get to Work on Your Case
When you work with our team, you don’t have to worry about dealing with the insurance adjusters, filing paperwork, or understanding the details of personal injury law. We will handle all of these things for you.
- Determine the value of your case based on evidence. We want you to seek every dollar available in your case. We will put together compelling evidence of your case’s value and the liable party’s responsibility for your accident.
- Negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf. The back-and-forth with insurance companies can take time and energy that you may not have when you’re recovering from an injury. We will do this for you.
- Take your case to court, if necessary. If we can’t agree to a fair settlement amount, we can take your case to court and seek awards for your case before a judge.
Indianapolis Traffic Accident Lawyer Near Me 317-636-7777
Why Work with Sevenish Law Firm, P.C.?
As decorated former police captain, SWAT team commander, and police academy instructor, attorney Randy Sevenish knows about justice. It’s important to him. That’s why, since 1985, Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. has helped thousands of accident and injury victims successfully navigate the legal system.
We are also proud of our past results for clients, including:
- A six-figure settlement for a 22-year-old pedestrian accident victim
- A six-figure settlement for a 56-year-old bicycle accident victim
- A high six-figure settlement for the family of a motorcycle accident victim who was fatally injured in a crash
Affording a Lawyer for Your Case
Mr. Sevenish understands that when you’re injured and potentially out of work, concerns about how you’ll afford attorney’s fees are the last thing you need. Not to worry. Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. works on a contingency basis. This means:
- You don’t pay for your legal services until and unless the firm wins your case.
- You don’t need to pay upfront fees (such as retainers) in order to get started.
- Seeking legal representation comes with no financial risk to you.
Click to contact our Indianapolis Traffic Accident Lawyer today
Forms of Driver Negligence That May Cause Accidents
Traffic accidents can be caused by any number of factors, including the negligence of another driver. On-the-road negligence can take many forms, such as:
- Reckless or aggressive driving
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Drowsy driving
- Drugged driving
Age is often also a factor in traffic accidents. For example, teenagers and the elderly are considered the riskiest drivers due to their disproportionate involvement in crashes.
We will scour for evidence of the other driver’s negligence and use this to build your case for compensation. Even if the other driver wasn’t issued a citation, we may be able to gather compelling evidence of negligence from other sources, such as traffic cameras or eyewitness statements.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Common Types of Traffic Accidents in Indianapolis
The Indianapolis traffic accident team at Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. handles a wide variety of traffic accident cases, including:
- Car accidents. Rear-end crashes, head-on collisions, and side-impact accidents are some of the most common types of accidents involving passenger vehicles.
- Truck accidents. Semi-truck and big-rig accidents tend to be particularly catastrophic for victims due to the trucks’ tremendous size and weight. Federal safety regulations for commercial trucking companies and drivers can also add an additional layer of complexity to these cases.
- Bus accidents. Thousands of people are injured in school, transit, and commercial bus accidents each year in the United States. The high center of gravity makes buses prone to rolling. Combined with the lack of seat belts, even minor bus accidents may result in serious injury.
- Motorcycle accidents. When a motorcycle is involved in a traffic accident, the rider’s injuries can be absolutely devastating. Adding insult to injury, insurance companies may try to blame the rider for their injuries to avoid paying a large settlement.
- Bicycle accidents. Drivers and cyclists are tasked with sharing the road, but when drivers fail to watch for cyclists or pass them too closely, accidents can occur. Like motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents often cause serious injuries and fatalities.
- Pedestrian accidents. Crossing the road shouldn’t be deadly, but when motorists don’t see pedestrians or fail to yield, it can be. Because pedestrians have no protection against vehicles, victims who are fortunate enough to live often do so with severe and long-lasting injuries.
- Construction site accidents. When construction crews fail to follow proper safety precautions, like leaving debris or equipment in the road, serious traffic accidents can occur. A personal injury attorney can help you determine who to hold accountable.
Injuries Associated with Traffic Accidents in Indiana
When vehicles collide with each other—or motorcycles, bicycles, or pedestrians—the ensuing injuries can range from minor scrapes and bruises to loss of limbs and brain damage.
These injuries aren’t limited to the physical; accident victims can also experience long-lasting emotional and psychological trauma. Common traffic accident injuries include:
- Bone fractures
- Back pain
- Nerve damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Spinal injuries and paralysis
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
We will work hard to recover compensation for all of your accident-related losses, including the cost of fully recovering from your injuries.
How You Can Take Important Steps for Your Case
You may think you have an open-and-shut insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit, but an insurance company or defense attorney is likely to think otherwise. They may even try to offer you a settlement that’s less than fair—if one is offered at all.
To protect your rights and help to build a strong case, consider the following:
- Gather evidence. Take photos of the accident scene and any injuries, even if they’re minor. Get contact and insurance information from other drivers involved in the accident, as well as contact information from passengers and witnesses. You’ll also want to request a copy of the police report and have a doctor carefully document your injuries.
- Be careful what you say and what you sign. Don’t accept or place blame for the accident or discuss money or other settlement-related matters at the scene. Avoid making any recorded or written statements without first consulting with an experienced personal injury lawyer.
- Don’t wait too long to take legal action. After an accident, you may want to spend some time relaxing and recuperating, but waiting too long to file a lawsuit may derail your case. In Indiana, statute of limitations laws indicate that victims have just two years to file a lawsuit (per IC §34-11-2-4). Even waiting weeks or months can have a negative effect on your case, as evidence may deteriorate or get lost.
Hire an Indianapolis Traffic Accident Attorney
One way for victims to protect their rights after an accident is to work with an Indianapolis traffic accident attorney with experience in traffic accident cases. We can help you save time and effort, ensure the accuracy of important paperwork, and protect the value of your potential settlement.
Call someone from our team for a free case review. Reach us today.