Car accident victims deserve justice after being injured due to another person’s negligence. You could recover a financial award to cover your accident-related damages. Our Jeffersonville car accident lawyer can help you work on your case to get the compensation you need.
At Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. we will fight for your car accident case. We exclusively handle personal injury cases. Our team has experience supporting clients who were hurt in car accidents.
The Financial Award You Could Recover Depends on Your Circumstances
We have secured compensation for injured Jeffersonville, Indiana accident victims before. Our Jeffersonville personal injury lawyer will fight for your compensation, too. Your accident might have happened due to any number of factors and could have caused many losses, including:
If you were rear-ended, you could have suffered bruises and whiplash. You might have also suffered a traumatic brain injury (TBI), which could cause months of treatment. You could cite your physical injuries and pain, as well as your continued required care.
Other losses you might have suffered include:
- Physical and psychological therapy
- Hospital stays
- Follow-up visits
If your injuries prevented you from working, you could pursue the income you missed out on. This might include:
Speak to your lawyer about the lost work-related benefits you missed out on.
Some losses the accident could have caused you might be difficult to evaluate. However, it is possible to do so. We could include these damages in your demand letter to the insurer:
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of limb
We could also work toward an award that covers other accident-related losses, like in-home care and required modifications to your home (like adding a wheelchair ramp).
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Jeffersonville, call 317-636-7777
How Your Lawyer Will Help You Through the Car Accident Claims Process
You might be intimidated by the idea of filing an insurance claim. However, your lawyer can handle it for you. They will listen to you explain how the accident has affected your life, assign a value to your case, and write and send a demand letter to the insurance company.
Then, they will negotiate with the insurer for a fair settlement to prevent the company from trying to undervalue or wrongfully deny your claim. If the insurer does not want to cooperate, your road to compensation does not end. We can also help you file a lawsuit for the compensation you need.
Jeffersonville Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 317-636-7777
How Your Lawyer Could Help You Through the Car Accident Lawsuit Process
Your lawyer can help you file a lawsuit if the insurance claim does not result in a fair settlement. Your representative will analyze your accident at the beginning of your case to determine possible liable parties. You could file a lawsuit against any parties responsible for your injuries and vehicle damage. Your lawyer will stand with you in court and make your argument to the judge or jury for an award.
Your lawyer will also help your case by:
- Answering your questions
- Protecting your rights
- Informing you of any updates in your case
- Speaking with your medical team about your prognosis to understand the medical costs ahead of you
- Collecting evidence
You are not alone in your pursuit of justice against the at-fault party.
Click to contact our Jeffersonville Car Accident Lawyer today
Our Jeffersonville Car Accident Lawyer Can Determine Liability
In order to recover compensation, we must prove that another party was the cause of your Jeffersonville car accident. We can establish negligence to prove liability. When we prove negligence, we will demonstrate that:
- The other party had a duty of care to prevent you from harm.
- They breached this duty of care by acting with negligence.
- Their negligence was the direct cause of the accident and the injuries you suffered.
- The accident caused you to suffer damages.
We can prove that the other party’s negligence was the reason you got injured by providing evidence. Relevant evidence could include photos from the crash scene, witness statements, and traffic camera footage.
Some examples of liable parties in car accident cases could include:
- Another driver
- A car manufacturer
- The car maintenance worker
Our team can build a case that outlines the liable party or parties.
Your Car Accident Could Be the Result of Many Different Acts of Negligence
We have seen many kinds of accidents in our practice. Your attorney serving Jeffersonville could have found that your car accident losses occurred because of any of these causes:
- Distracted driving: The other driver could have been drafting a text message while behind the wheel, or admiring the scenery.
- Intoxicated driving: The other driver could have decided to drive after drinking more than the legal limit or after ingesting medications or other substances that affect their judgment or coordination.
- Failure to respond to external conditions: The driver might have driven too fast for the weather, ignored traffic patterns, or did not make the proper decision to avoid debris on the road.
- Aggressive or reckless driving: The driver could have exhibited signs of road rage, like speeding, tailgating, or changing lanes while it was unsafe to do so.
- Violating traffic laws: The other driver might have ignored traffic signals or made an illegal U-turn into your path.
All of the above examples of negligence are grounds to take action against the liable party.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Indiana Laws You Should Know About, As They Could Affect Your Case
Legal limits on the time frame for filing a lawsuit could dictate when you have to take legal action. For instance, the following statutes impose timelines for filing a lawsuit:
- IC §34-11-2-4: States that you have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit.
- IC §34-23-1-1: States that you have two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit, in the event that you lost a loved one in the accident
- IC §34-13-3-8: States you have 180 days to file a lawsuit against a municipality. You might choose to sue a municipality if they, for example, did not fix a pothole that contributed to your injuries.
- IC §34-51-2-5: This law dictates that if you were partially responsible for the accident, you could still recover some damages. The proportion of your fault will affect the size of your award, but having contributed to the accident does not disqualify you from collecting compensation.
When our team takes on your case, we will make sure you understand any laws that apply. We will ensure that your lawsuit is filed according to the statute of limitations.
We Operate on a Contingency-Fee-Basis
You do not have to pay upfront for our services. You do not have to pay us by the hour, either. When you sign the contract we draft together at the beginning of your case, we will agree on a percentage of your winnings as our attorney fees.
Our aim is to collect a fair amount to cover your car accident losses and our fee.
Call Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. Today to Learn More
Our team is ready to hear your story. Call to get started. We offer all potential clients free consultations. Personal injury is all that we do. Some firms hire a handful of lawyers to handle every kind of legal issue. Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. only takes personal injury cases.
Allow our attorney familiar with Jefferson car accidents to use their knowledge and experience to help you and your family.
Call or text 317-636-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form