At Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., we understand how devastating and serious motorcycle accidents can be. Whether you were hit while riding through an intersection, such as Spring St. and 10th St., or were in a crash on I-65, we can help. Our mission is to ensure that you do not suffer any further damage from your accident.
Our Jeffersonville motorcycle accident lawyer, Randy Sevenish, is known as the “Lawyer Who Rides.” He will work to protect your rights and make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
Common Types of Damages in Jeffersonville Motorcycle Accident Cases
If you sustained injuries or damage to your motorcycle, you can seek compensation for a variety of damages, such as:
- Medical expenses (including past, current, and future expenses)
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Pain and suffering (physical and emotional)
- Lost enjoyment of life
We always recommend that you consult with our personal injury team to learn more about what damages you can seek and your right to compensation.
Damages for Families That Lost a Loved One
If you suffered the loss of a loved one due to a motorcycle accident, then you may be eligible for a wrongful death claim. Our compassionate team is ready to help your family with all of your legal tasks during this difficult time.
You may collect damages for:
- Funeral expenses
- Medical bills prior to passing
- Lost income
- Loss of companionship
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Jeffersonville, call 317-636-7777
How a Lawyer From Our Firm Can Help With Your Jeffersonville Case
After a motorcycle accident, you could be facing a painful recovery process and challenges to your career. You don’t have to take on an injury case alone.
Our motorcycle accident lawyer will handle all of the tasks involved in your Jeffersonville case, including:
- Identifying all parties liable and responsible
- Gathering evidence to prove liability
- Listing your damages for you
- Contacting and communicating with the other party’s insurance provider
- Filing your insurance claim with the other party’s carrier
- Managing all necessary paperwork for the claim
- Representing your case at trial if necessary
Determining the Value of Your Damages
After helping you determine which damages you can claim, your lawyer will determine the worth of those damages. Your economic damages, such as your medical bills, will be easier to calculate, but your non-economic damages, such as your physical pain, won’t be so easy because these damages are intangible.
You may struggle to place a value on your non-economic damages on your own, but your lawyer knows how to calculate all of your damages to ensure you receive the full and fair compensation you are due.
Randy Sevenish Is the “Lawyer Who Rides”
When you need a Jeffersonville motorcycle accident lawyer, Randy Sevenish can go to work for you. Randy is an avid motorcycle enthusiast who understands the risks and concerns of riding a motorcycle.
He is also familiar with the common challenges faced by motorcyclists during the insurance claim process, and he is ready to stand up for your rights.
Other Reasons to Choose Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. for Your Case
When you work with our firm, you can also expect to:
- Receive a free consultation: We’re available to take your call for free, 24/7.
- Get representation based on contingency: We accept payment only if we win your case for you. No upfront fees are required to get started with your case.
- Have a team with a track record of results: We have a record of successful case results for motorcycle accident victims. In one case, our client was in a crash that left him with major fractures to his lower body. He required hospitalization and rehab after emergency care. We were able to secure maximum recovery for our client. More of our case results are available on our website.
Jeffersonville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 317-636-7777
We Can Handle Unfair Challenges to Your Motorcycle Accident Case
Unfortunately, it’s common for a motorcyclist to receive significant blame for a crash, even when the other party was negligent. Our team is familiar with this bias against motorcyclists, and we will work hard to demonstrate the facts of your case and seek what you deserve from the insurer.
In addition, an insurance adjuster may try to claim that:
- Your injuries are not as severe as you claim.
- Your medical needs and expenses are not as high as you claim.
- Your injuries are tied to a different cause, such as a pre-existing health condition.
Our Jeffersonville motorcycle accident lawyer will launch a strong investigation into your case and build crucial evidence to counter these claims. You should not have to take the blame for a crash that wasn’t your fault or work hard to prove that you’re suffering.
Click to contact our Jeffersonville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer today
We Can Help With Complicated Motorcycle Accident Cases
Some motorcycle accidents may be more straightforward than others. Regardless of the complexity of your case, we can get to work for you.
We will help you in situations where:
A Government Entity Was Responsible
In certain situations, a state or local government entity could be liable for an accident. For instance, a government entity is often responsible for the upkeep of roads, and if conditions on the roads were hazardous or unsafe, a government agency may be liable for your damages.
A Trucking Company or Other Transportation Company Was Responsible
If a truck driver hit you while they were working as an employee, the trucking company could be liable. A trucking company could have more resources to challenge your case, yet you could seek a higher settlement or award based on the higher insurance policy maximums in these cases.
Seeking compensation from a trucking company or another transportation company, such as Uber or Lyft, can be especially challenging. We will take care of the complexities in your case for you.
Multiple Parties Are Responsible
Multiple parties are liable for your crash. These parties could include:
- One or more vehicle drivers
- A government entity
- A trucking company
- A parts maker or vehicle manufacturer
- A construction company
Our team will investigate your case to be sure that all responsible parties are held accountable.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Forms of Negligence That Lead to Motorcycle Accidents in Indiana
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Association (NHTSA), motorcycle accidents account for a disproportionately large share of fatal injury accidents.
Some types of negligence that may lead to motorcycle accidents include:
- Left-hand turns by vehicles: When a driver makes a left-hand turn without looking carefully for oncoming traffic, they may cross the path of a motorcyclist.
- Tailgating: If someone is tailgating a motorcycle and the traffic comes to a sudden stop, there is a high chance that the motorcyclist will get hit from behind and suffer significant injuries.
- Lane changing: If drivers don’t look closely when they change lanes, they can easily overlook a cyclist in their blind spot.
- Unsafe passing: If a car attempts to pass a motorcyclist too closely, this can result in a collision.
- Motorcycle Defects: A motorcycle accident may also result from a defectively designed or manufactured brake, gear, or tire. If a motorcycle defect causes a crash, the manufacturer of the motorcycle or part may be held liable.
- Road Defects: The size and weight of a motorcycle make it more prone to road hazard accidents. These accidents can occur when riders come upon uneven pavement, excessive potholes, or other hazards. If a city construction crew neglects to keep a road hazard-free and, as a result, a motorcyclist has an accident, the city government may be held liable.
You may have the right to make a personal injury claim if any of these types of negligence led to your accident.
Determining Whether the Other Party Was Negligent
Our Jeffersonville motorcycle accident lawyer can determine whether the other party in your case was negligent. To do so, your lawyer will collect evidence of this negligence, such as the police report or any traffic camera footage. In addition, our team has access to many resources, including expert witnesses, such as an accident reconstruction expert or economist, who can testify to the facts of your case and help establish liability.
Based on the evidence, your lawyer will have to prove the following:
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care to act in a way that would prevent you from harm
- The at-fault party breached that duty of care
- That breach caused your accident and accident-related injuries
- As a result, you suffered compensable damages, such as physical pain and medical bills
Shared Negligence in Indiana
You may be worried you were partially at fault in your case. For example, you may have been distracted before your accident. However, even if you were partially at fault, you could still pursue compensation. In Indiana, even if a person involved in a car accident was partially at fault for the accident, they can still claim damages, according to IC § 34-51-2-6.
In this case, your amount of compensation will be reduced by your percentage of fault. For example, if your compensation is $10,000, and your amount of fault is 30%, you will receive $7000 for your damages.
The Issues With Trying to Handle Your Case By Yourself
Some Jeffersonville motorcycle accident victims are confident they can handle their case on their own. However, it isn’t easy to handle negotiations with an insurance company or to go up against a large corporation with a team of defense lawyers.
With an attorney from our firm on your side, you won’t have to worry about fighting for your due damages, and instead you’ll be able to focus on your recovery. You won’t have to worry about not being able to afford legal representation either. Our firm works on a contingency fee basis. This means you won’t pay your attorney anything until we recover compensation for you.
The Statute of Limitations Restricts Your Time to File Suit
Under IC § 34-11-2-4, most vehicle accident lawsuits must be filed within two years of the date of the accident. If you miss this deadline, the court may bar you from seeking compensation.
However, we always recommend consulting our team as soon as possible to understand how the state’s statute of limitations may apply to your case. You may have a shorter timeline, depending on who is liable for your accident.
Call Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. Today for Your Free Case Review
If you suffered injuries in a motorcycle collision or lost a loved one due to an accident, you could recover damages from the at-fault party. You and your family deserve a Jeffersonville motorcycle accident lawyer who will fight for your rights and your recovery.
Call Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. today for a free consultation with a member of our team.