At Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., we understand how devastating and serious motorcycle accidents can be. In 2018, there were 1,930 injuries and 112 fatalities related to motorcycle accidents, according to the Indiana Traffic Safety Facts on motorcycles. Our mission is to ensure you do not have to suffer any additional financial consequences of your motorcycle accident. Our Jeffersonville motorcycle accident lawyer, Randall “Randy, the Lawyer Who Rides” Sevenish, will protect your rights and make sure you get the compensation you deserve. Give us a call today at (317) 636-7777.
Some tasks we will assist you with include:
- Identify all parties liable and responsible
- Gather evidence to prove liability
- Contact and communicate with the other party’s insurance provider
- File your insurance claim with the other party’s carrier
- Manage all necessary paperwork for the claim
- Represent your case in trial if necessary
When you need a Jeffersonville motorcycle accident lawyer, you can trust in Randy Sevenish to get the job done professionally. Randy is an avid motorcycle enthusiast. He’s been riding for nearly four decades and understands the risks and concerns of riding a bike.
An Accident Lawyer Can Help Protect Your Rights
Indiana’s law states that you may be eligible for compensation if you have suffered damages in a motorcycle accident. However, you have the burden of proof when filing a personal injury case.
Most people are not familiar with liability laws or negligence statutes. That is why it is crucial to contact a Jeffersonville motorcycle accident lawyer. Connect with Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. at (317) 636-7777 and have your rights protected. We work on a contingency basis to help you with your compensation, which allows you time to focus on healing from your injuries.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Jeffersonville, call 317-636-7777
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents result in numerous injuries each year. In fact, approximately 80,000 to 100,000 people suffer injuries each year due to motorcycle accidents. Sadly, some of those accidents end in death.
The common reasons motorcyclists have accidents each year are as follows:
- Road hazards: the size and weight of a motorcycle make it more prone to road hazard accidents. These accidents can occur when riders come upon uneven pavement, something on the road, or excessive potholes. Any of these conditions can cause a motorcyclist to swerve to avoid the condition or hit it and lose control, possibly even flip over.
- Left-hand turns by autos: when a car makes a left-hand turn without looking carefully for on-coming traffic, they may cross the path of a motorcyclist.
- Tailgating: if someone is tailgating a motorcycle and the traffic comes to a sudden stop, there is a high chance that the motorcyclist will get hit from behind and suffer significant damage.
- Lane changing: if people don’t look closely when they change lanes, then they can easily overlook a cyclist in their blind spot, which can lead to an accident too.
- Unsafe passing: if a car attempts to pass a motorcyclist too closely, it can result in a collision.
- Motorcycle defect: a motorcycle accident may also result from a defectively designed or manufactured brake, gear, or tire. If a motorcycle defect causes a crash, the manufacturer of the motorcycle or part may be held liable.
You may have the right to make a personal injury claim if any of the things mentioned above have occurred.
Of course, not all motorcycle accidents are the other vehicle’s fault. Sometimes the motorcyclist is at fault. For example, lane splitting is a common cause of motorcycle accidents. If the driver of a motorcycle rides down the middle of two lanes, that can lead to problems. If you were a bike passenger and someone drove negligently, then you can contact a Jeffersonville motorcycle accident lawyer to assist you with taking legal action.
Please connect with us to learn more about your rights and options after a motorcycle crash. To discuss the specific facts of your case, don’t hesitate to get in touch with one of our accident lawyers for a free consultation.
Jeffersonville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 317-636-7777
Common Types of Damages in Motorcycle Accident Claims
If you have been injured or suffered damage to your motorcycle, you can seek compensation for a variety of damages, such as:
- Medical expenses (past, current, and future expenses)
- Lost wages (this includes potential earning loss due to injury)
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Pain and suffering (physical and emotional)
- Loss of consortium
You can collect damages from the above items if you were not at fault or only partially at fault. We always recommend that you consult with a motorcycle accident lawyer to understand your rights. For example, if the road conditions were hazardous or unsafe, the case may be made that the government entity responsible for the upkeep of the road is liable for damages.
In addition, if you were less than 50 percent at fault in the accident, then you can collect on some damages under Indiana statute 34-51-2-5.
Finally, if you have suffered the loss of a loved one due to a motorcycle accident, then you may be eligible for a wrongful death claim. You may collect damages for:
- Funeral expenses
- Medical bills prior to passing
- Lifetime lost income, benefits, and annuities
- Loss of consortium
Working With the Insurance Adjuster
It is helpful to have a legal representative working on your behalf with the insurance adjuster. Some insurance adjusters may try to avoid paying a claim by declaring you were more than 50 percent liable. With a Jeffersonville motorcycle accident lawyer with a strong investigative team, you can protect yourself from blame for something that was not your fault.
Under Indiana Statute 34-11-2-4, most vehicle accident claims must be filed within two years from the date of the accident. There are some exceptions to this law. However, we always recommend consulting a lawyer as soon as possible while everything is fresh in your mind.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. Today
If you suffered injuries in a motorcycle collision or you have lost a loved one due to an accident, you could recover damages from the at-fault party. You and your family deserve a Jeffersonville motorcycle accident lawyer who will fight for your recovery. Call Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. at (317) 636-7777 and obtain a free consultation.