If you suffered injuries in a collision, Indiana’s fault-based system would allow you to pursue an insurance claim against the responsible party. This means you could settle and recover compensation for your accident-related expenses. However, this is not a process we recommend navigating on your own.
Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. represents car accident claimants. When you call us for a free case review, we can discuss your injuries and the potential value of your losses.
Additionally, we can discuss how our Terre Haute car accident lawyers work on a contingency-fee basis. This means we do not accept payment until you recover compensation.
We Represent Injured Claimants in Vigo County
Our team strives to provide legal aid to car accident claimants in Indianapolis and the surrounding areas. Our lawyers help claimants involved in:
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drunk or impaired driving accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Rideshare accidents
- Truck accidents
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist accidents
At Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., we offer complimentary consultations to all accident victims. You can meet our team during your consultation, discuss your case, and review your options at no obligation.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Terre Haute, call 317-636-7777
Time Is Limited to File Your Car Accident Lawsuit in Indiana
Generally, car accident claimants have two years to file their lawsuits, per IC § 34-11-2-4. This deadline begins from the date of your collision. This mandate is critical to your case’s success. If you don’t file your lawsuit within this period, you could lose the right to seek damages.
Acting Quickly Preserves Your Case’s Evidence
The statute of limitations isn’t the only time-sensitive aspect of your case; so are certain pieces of evidence. For instance, traffic camera footage generally gets deleted after a certain period. Witnesses might forget key details, and physical evidence may become unavailable.
Our lawyers in Terre Haute want to get started on your case as soon as possible. This will allow us to gather the best possible evidence to support your claim.
Terre Haute Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 317-636-7777
Recoverable Damages After a Collision in Terre Haute, IN
Our firm will build your case and calculate the value of your injury-related expenses. Some of your compensable losses may include:
- Current and future pain and suffering
- Current and future medical care costs related to your injuries
- Lost wages and benefits, including diminished future earning capacity
- Property damage expenses
- Related out-of-pocket expenses, such as rideshare costs
- Other documentable expenses and losses
Because each auto accident case is different, we cannot estimate your losses without first speaking to you. We can discuss compensation when you call our personal injury firm.
Click to contact our Terre Haute Car Accident Lawyer today
How Can a Car Accident Lawyer from Our Firm Build Your Case in Terre Haute?
Here are some ways our Indiana law firm can help you:
We Will Investigate the Cause of Your Accident
When you hire Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., our injury lawyers will collect evidence to prove the validity of your case. This includes compiling:
- Photos and videos of the accident scene
- A copy of your accident report from the Terre Haute Police Department
- Witness statements
- Any notes where you described the car accident
- Testimony from accident reconstruction experts
- Your medical records
Our injury lawyers can also use your testimony to validate certain aspects of your case.
Your Lawyer Will Prove Negligence Caused Your Accident
You must prove negligence to recover damages. This requires showing the other driver acted carelessly or recklessly, causing your collision. Using the evidence we find, we will establish:
- The other party owed you a duty of care. This element is rather straightforward. All motorists must drive safely.
- The other party violated their duty of care. This element requires showing how the other party failed to uphold safe driving practices.
- The other party caused your accident. Your lawyer can use traffic camera footage, witness statements, and the police report to prove the cause of your collision.
- You incurred damages. Our team can use your medical bills, property damage receipts, and employment records to prove your accident-related expenses.
We Will Handle All Negotiations with the Insurance Company
Right now, you might not understand the true cost of your damages – and that’s okay. Your car accident attorney can explore your case’s value based on your situation.
However, our calculations might yield a different figure than the one the insurer presents. That’s because insurance companies want to minimize claims. They don’t account for certain monetary factors when doing so, either.
When your lawyer handles negotiations, we will fight for your case’s best possible outcome. This involves:
- Reviewing the liable policy
- Understanding the value of your damages
- Recognizing bad faith insurance practices
Our Legal Professionals Will Provide Case-Specific Services
Your attorney in Terre Haute will render services that meet your situation. We will do the following to build your case:
- Answer your questions and provide legal advice
- Determine liability
- Gather evidence to prove your case
- Negotiate with the insurance companies for a fair settlement offer
- Take your case to court if they are not willing to compensate you fairly
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Two Things You Should Know About the Claims Process
Our injury attorneys want you to understand two things:
Representing Yourself Can Hurt Your Case
Representing yourself (also known as “pro se representation”) might not be the best idea. The American Bar Association (ABA) warns that pro se litigants often:
- Miss case-relevant deadlines
- Don’t understand courtroom procedure
- Ask the other party’s lawyer for advice
- Misinterpret state laws
Our Firm Focuses on Personal Injury Law
Attorneys from discount law firms are generally a jack of all trades but masters of none. Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. has one focus: personal injury cases. We don’t only help car accident claimants. Our team members also help those injured in:
- Bus accidents
- Truck accidents
- Other negligence-related situations
We believe you should not have to suffer additional damages after the collision. Our lawyers want to help you secure a financial recovery for a wide range of expenses.
Connect with Our Indiana Car Accident Team About Your Case
If you were a victim of a car accident in Terre Haute, you could recover compensation for your losses. Connect with Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. at (317) 636-7777. Our lawyers are ready to support your family throughout this difficult time.