If you were injured in a construction accident in West Lafayette, you may be entitled to compensation. You may be able to use this compensation to recover your lost income, medical expenses, mental anguish, and other damages.
You can hire a West Lafayette construction accident lawyer from Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. to help you fight for compensation. Our lead attorney, Randy Sevenish, has spent years practicing personal injury law. Our legal services range from gathering evidence to assigning case values to civil litigation services and so much more.
Compensatory Damages After a Negligent Construction Accident
Construction accidents can cause life-changing injuries, and the mental effects can be just as devastating. You can seek economic and non-economic damages when you bring a case against the liable party or parties who caused or contributed to your construction accident.
As listed by the American Bar Association (ABA), examples of recoverable damages in construction accidents include:
- Loss of wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Medical care expenses, including expenses related to long-term treatments
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Permanent disabilities
- Psychological hardships, including loss of consortium
Our team can help you calculate the value of your damages. Knowing your case’s value allows you to know how much compensation you need to recover from your injuries and lead a normal life again.
For a free legal consultation with a construction accidents lawyer serving West Lafayette, call 317-636-7777
You May Be Entitled to Workers’ Compensation After a Construction Accident
It can be challenging to file a lawsuit against your employer in Indiana. In most cases, they are immune from legal action unless your accident was caused by extreme negligence. However, you may be eligible to file for workers’ compensation benefits.
Employers are legally required to offer workers’ compensation insurance in this state. If you are worried about the aftermath of filing a workers’ compensation claim, you should keep in mind that it is illegal for your employer to fire you for filing a workers’ compensation claim.
While our West Lafayette construction accident lawyers do not handle workers’ compensation claims, they can work alongside workers’ compensation attorneys to help you fight for your rights.
Workers’ Compensation and Personal Injury Claims Award Different Damages
Workers’ compensation claims do not offer the same damages as personal injury cases. For example, you may be unable to recover compensation for your mental anguish in a workers’ compensation claim. However, these damages may be available if you take legal action after your accident.
You may be within your rights to take legal action against several parties after a construction accident, including:
- Manufacturers: Many construction accidents are caused by defective products. If a faulty product caused your construction accident, you may be within your rights to file a claim against the manufacturer, or retailer, who sold the product and put you in harm’s way.
- Third-party entities: These parties can include drivers, property owners, contractors, and everyday citizens who caused your accident.
- Employers: While your employer cannot be held legally responsible for your injuries on the job (in most cases), you may be within your rights to file a lawsuit against them if they did not provide you with workers’ compensation insurance. It is against the law to withhold these insurance policies, even if you work for a private company.
- Medical professionals: If your injuries worsen after visiting a hospital, private practice, or medical specialist, you may be able to file a lawsuit against them for medical malpractice.
Ultimately, taking legal action after a construction accident can be complicated. You can learn more about your options in these cases and how a West Lafayette construction accident lawyer can help in a free consultation with our team.
West Lafayette Construction Accident Lawyer Near Me 317-636-7777
We Can Fight for Your Rights After a Construction Accident in West Lafayette
Here at Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., we want construction workers to know how much they mean to the West Lafayette community. You should not be ignored when you fall victim to an accident. If you retain a construction accident lawyer at our law firm, our team can help you build your case and fight for your rights.
Our team can assist you with many different objectives, including:
- Gathering evidence
- Negotiating settlements
- Litigating in civil court
- Giving legal advice
- Proving liability
- Determining the overall value of damages
- Assisting with communications
If necessary, our team can also conduct a private investigation about your construction accident to gather more information and available evidence that establishes how you were injured, who caused or contributed to your injury, and the extent of damages you suffered.
How Does Proving Liability Work?
To win a case in civil court, you must prove that another party was responsible for your injuries. For personal injury cases, this is a four-step process. Your attorney will prove the following:
- The liable party owed you a duty of care: The evidence must show that the liable party was responsible for keeping you from harm. For example, construction equipment manufacturers owe the contractors they supply a duty of care.
- The liable party did not uphold this duty: Failing to uphold a duty of care is considered negligence. Distributing a faulty piece of construction equipment could be considered a violation of a duty of care.
- This failure caused an accident: There must be a clear linkage between the liable party’s negligence and your accident.
- You suffered damages from your accident: We can use your medical records and expenses to demonstrate that you suffered accident-related damages.
Click to contact our West Lafayette Construction Accident Lawyer today
Why Hire a Construction Accident Lawyer From Our Firm?
Indiana allows you to pursue insurance claims without hiring a lawyer. If you choose this approach, you’ll be considered pro se, a legal term that means “on one’s own behalf”.
We strongly recommend against this approach. Personal injury claims are complicated. Insurers might take advantage of the fact that you don’t have a lawyer and offer you a low settlement that does not cover the full and fair amount of your damages.
Our team will handle your case from start to finish. We will:
- Keep you updated on the status of your case
- Explain legal codes, and help you understand how they apply to your case
- Put you on a path toward financial recovery
Our previous clients note that we make things “much easier”, and treat them “like family”. Here are a few of their reviews:
- “I am a man of few words but I want to take a brief moment to publicly thank Mr. Sevenish, Shannon and the rest for their kindness, thoroughness and professionalism. They are real down to earth people and have my full confidence.” – David O.
- “Sevenish Law Firm responded very quickly on my case. Very patient to let me tell my story on what had happened. After they gathered their information, they kept me posted on things that were going on with my case. I have no regrets going with Sevenish Law Firm. Shannon is the best. Thank you for everything.” – Gia W.
Personal Injury Is All We Do
At Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., we only work on personal injury cases. Founding attorney Randy Sevenish is passionate about advocating for injured clients. Whether you suffered an injury in a car wreck, slip and fall, or construction accident in West Lafayette, our firm will fight for your right to compensation due to negligence.
You Pay Us Nothing Upfront
We know that managing your budget after a serious injury can be difficult. We won’t add to this stress. Our team works on contingency, which means that:
- We charge nothing upfront
- You don’t pay us unless we secure settlement a settlement or court award for you
Financial concerns should not hinder you from having legal representation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Learn More About Common Injuries From West Lafayette Construction Accidents
Many construction accidents involve falling objects, motor vehicle accidents, and dangerous machinery.
Common construction accident injuries include:
- Bone fractures
- Internal injuries
- Nerve damage
- Burns from fires or caustic chemicals
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries
We understand that you have a lot of things to consider if you suffered any of these injuries. Just remember that IC §34-11-2 generally gives you two years to file a lawsuit after getting injured in a construction accident in West Lafayette. You must abide by this two-year statute of limitations to remain eligible for compensation.
Call Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. Today
To learn more about our construction accident services at Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., and the legal rights and compensation to which you may be entitled, contact a member of our team today.
A West Lafayette construction accident lawyer can start working on your case as soon as you call.