Construction site injuries can lead to costly medical bills, time missed at work, and even a reduced ability to work as you did before. You may have a number of options to seek compensation for your losses. A Westfield construction accident lawyer from our firm can fight for construction workers who were victims of a third party negligence’s on a job site.
At Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., we work as hard as we can to help you seek a fair settlement that truly reflects your pain, suffering, and reduced quality of life. Our team only takes on personal injury cases, including construction accident cases. We are able to understand the nuances in a situation like this. We will not let the insurer treat you unfairly.
How We Can Help You Seek Compensation After a Construction Site Accident
Accidents at the construction site can result in significant injuries. These injuries could leave you returning to work after a few days, or they could force you to undergo weeks and months of surgeries, rehabilitation, and physical therapy.
Depending on your circumstances, you may be able to seek compensation through the following actions:
- Workers’ compensation. Most employees in Indiana are protected through workers’ compensation insurance. However, you may find that your workers’ compensation coverage is insufficient for your needs.
- A third-party claim. In some cases, a third party can be found liable for your construction site injuries. Third parties may include contractors, equipment manufacturers, or even other workers on the job site.
We can help you in the event that you need to file a third-party claim or if your workers’ compensation is insufficient.
Determining Who Was Responsible For Your Injuries
Depending on the type of accident you had, multiple parties could eventually be found liable in your case. As soon as you hire us, we will begin to investigate the accident and figure out which parties should pay your losses.
Some of the potential parties who could be liable include:
- A general contractor or subcontractor
- A fellow worker from a third party company on the construction site
- Equipment manufacturer
For example, you may have been working on a job site managed by a third-party contractor, and hazardous conditions on the job site caused your injuries.
If any of the above third parties were responsible for your injuries, we may be able to help you seek compensation. We can help you identify who may have been responsible in your situation, and we can pursue a claim or lawsuit on your behalf.
However, keep in mind that you cannot file a lawsuit against your own employer in Indiana. If your accident occurred as part of your normal work duties, you may be able to seek workers’ compensation. We can help you if you are not able to secure sufficient compensation from a workers’ comp claim.
You Could Seek Compensation for Many Forms of Losses
After proving that someone else caused your injuries through negligent or reckless behavior, you could seek compensation for many forms of losses, including:
- Medical bills for emergency care
- Estimated medical bills you will face in the future
- Cost of physical therapy, prescription drugs, and rehabilitation
- Wages lost during your recovery
- Wages you may lose in the future because of ongoing health concerns
- Awards for pain and suffering
- Awards for your reduced quality of life
Determining the Amount of Compensation You can Seek
The value of construction accident cases will vary, depending on the severity of your injuries, your medical costs, and your reduction in working capacity, among other factors. Typically, the more severe your injuries and losses, the higher the amount of compensation you will be able to seek.
This means that our team at Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. will work with you to determine the level of impairment you may have moving forward because of your injuries. We will work to clearly demonstrate how your level of injury has affected your life, work, and health, building a compelling case for your fair compensation.
Because each case is different, we cannot guarantee our clients will win a certain award in the case. However, a Westfield construction accident lawyer from our firm will rely on the facts in the case to determine the fairest level of money to request for your compensation.
We Will Negotiate With the Insurer on Your Behalf
Speaking with the insurance company that is representing the negligent party can involve many complications. The insurer may ask you the same question multiple times, attempting to see if you will change your story, which could call into question the validity of your claim.
Instead of going through these questions all alone, hire our team to represent you. We will take over negotiating with the insurance company for you, giving you more time to focus on your recovery.
For a free legal consultation with a construction accidents lawyer serving Westfield, call 317-636-7777
Construction Accidents that Most Frequently Result in Injury Cases
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), some of the most common fatal occupational injuries include the following:
- Falls: When a worker falls from a raised location because of a lack of safety gear or slips on materials not stored properly, another’s negligence can be the culprit.
- Struck by an object: If a failed piece of equipment strikes a worker and causes injuries, this could be a form of negligence from the manufacturer.
- Crushing injuries: When a faulty piece of heavy machinery strikes a worker, he or she may become pinned, leading to life-threatening injuries.
- Exposure to harmful substances: Workers may suffer burns or other injuries after being exposed to harmful levels of harsh chemicals or highly-heated substances.
- Electrocution: Those working at a construction site could suffer electrocution because of an error made by a manufacturer or contractor.
If you were harmed by these hazards due to a third party’s negligence, we may be able to help you pursue a claim or lawsuit.
Westfield Construction Accident Lawyer Near Me 317-636-7777
The Statute of Limitations May Affect Your Timeline to File Suit
State law in Indiana determines the amount of time you have to begin the process of filing a personal injury lawsuit. This is typically two years, according to IC § 34-11-2-4.
We recommend getting started with your case as soon as possible in order to protect your legal rights.
Click to contact our Westfield Construction Accident Lawyer today
Call Us for Help with Your Construction Accident Injury Case
At Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., we don’t recommend that injury victims try to represent themselves in an insurance claim. All too often, we have seen injury victims pushed into accepting lowball settlement offers or making statements to the insurer that will harm their case. We can fight relentlessly for our clients, as we have won six-figure claims over the years.
You can be certain that the insurance company will have many resources on its side, especially if your injuries are severe and if you will be requesting a large settlement. If you work with us, we can help you level the playing field.
Call Us Today for Your Free Consultation
One way to combat the techniques of the insurance company is to work with a Westfield construction accident lawyer from our firm. We can represent your best interests in the case from start to finish, building a compelling case for your fair compensation.
We can make the insurance company listen to your concerns about your ongoing injuries and about your life in the future. We work to settle your case quickly, but not at the expense of the compensation amount you could receive. To start the process with a free consultation, call us at (317) 636-7777 today.