Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. offers legal aid on a contingency-fee basis, meaning that you could work with a Westfield motorcycle accident lawyer for nothing out of pocket.
We understand that as you recover from your injuries, taking on the financial recovery process may be the last thing on your mind. Yet, with our firm on your side, you do not have to worry about a thing.
Whether your accident was the result of drunk driving, speeding, or another act of negligence, we can help you recover the cost of your various damages. Our founding partner, Randy Sevenish, is the Lawyer Who Rides. He understands how detrimental these accidents can be and will take a personal interest in your case.
Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. Can Manage Your Personal Injury Case
While you are well within your rights to represent your own case, there are many reasons why others consider working with a lawyer.
Some of those reasons include:
Our Legal Team Can Calculate the Cost of Your Damages
As bills come in the mail and your expenses start piling up, you may not be sure what your losses are worth. However, you do not need to estimate the cost of your injury-related losses on your own; your lawyer can do that for you.
You may be able to receive financial recovery for the following:
- Pain and suffering
- Lost income
- Healthcare costs
- Physical therapy
- Reduced future earning capacity
- Property damage expenses
You may even be able to seek compensation for a loss not on this list, like mental anguish and disability.
The value of your case will rest on the cost of your financial losses, the nature of your impairments, and how long it will take for you to reach maximum medical improvement.
We Can Determine Fault and Liability for Your Damages
Fault and liability are two completely different things, yet many people get them confused. Fault refers to the party that caused your accident. So, for instance, if you were hit by a negligent motorist, they would be at fault for your accident.
However, liability is the party that should pay for your damages. While you may have been struck by a negligent motorist, liability could rest on their insurer. All motorists in the state are required to carry insurance, per the Indiana Department of Justice.
We can determine fault for your accident by reviewing the evidence in your case, which could include your medical records, photos of the accident scene, and the police report. We can find out who is liable for your damages by identifying the at-fault party’s insurance carrier.
Our Legal Team Can File Your Insurance Claim for You
Dealing with the claim adjuster can quickly become an exhausting experience. To avoid paying for your losses, they may contest the severity of your injuries. They may say that you are solely responsible for the accident.
Your lawyer can handle your insurance claim and fight against any unjust allegations.
To seek financial recovery for your losses via an insurance claim, your lawyer can:
- Write a demand letter which outlines the cost of your damages
- Determine your coverage options
- Manage all emails, text messages, and phone calls with the claim adjuster on your behalf
- Supply all necessary information
- Negotiate a fair settlement
The American Bar Association (ABA) notes that most motorcycle accident cases are settled through insurance claims. Yet, if the insurer refuses to satisfy the terms of your demand letter, then we can file a lawsuit and take it from there.
A Lawyer from Our Team Can Litigate Your Case
We have absolutely no problem taking your case to court if that’s what it takes to resolve the matter.
Once your case is filed in civil court, we can:
- Continue negotiating for an out-of-court settlement
- Communicate and exchange evidence with the other party’s legal counsel
- Demonstrate the cost of your damages
- Explain how negligence contributed to your losses
To learn more about how a Westfield motorcycle accident lawyer can manage your case, call (317) 636-7777.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Westfield, call 317-636-7777
Three Steps to Take After Your Motorcycle Accident in Westfield
If this is your first time being involved in a serious accident, you may not understand what your next steps should be. When you call Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., we can explain what measures could protect your right to financial recovery.
However, right now, there are three things that you can do to promote a smooth claims process:
- Seek medical care. Even if you consider your injuries to be relatively minor, you do not want to make any incorrect assumptions regarding your health. By seeing a doctor, you can learn more about your injuries and expected recovery time.
- Keep documentation of your losses. As you receive medical bills, invoices, and things of that nature, you should keep them in a safe place. Even if you get a receipt for a small expense, you do not want any loss to go unaccounted for in your case.
- Request a copy of the accident report. If you filed an accident report at the scene of the collision, you can request a copy from the State of Indiana. When you get the report, scan it for any inaccuracies. The report itself is not infallible. If there are any glaring inconsistencies with what happened, you can have them corrected.
There are other considerations that could benefit your legal interests. A representative from Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. can go into further detail about these considerations when you call us today.
Westfield Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 317-636-7777
You Can Explore Your Legal Options for Free
During your free case review, we encourage you to share the details of the collision with us. We want to know what caused your motorcycle accident, what medical care you received, and what you expect from the claims process.
Randy Sevenish has been serving injured people since 1985. Not only can he use his legal experience to build your case, but also his experience as a former police captain and SWAT team founder.
To learn more about working with a Westfield motorcycle accident lawyer, dial (317) 636-7777.