In Indiana, you can file a personal injury claim or lawsuit to pursue compensation if you were injured in a truck accident. Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. helps truck accident victims like you build strong cases so that we can fight for your fair compensation and help you recover from your losses.
We help clients in Indianapolis and the surrounding areas, so consider working with a Westfield truck accident lawyer from our firm and get started on your case today.
We Can Help You Fight For Compensation For Your Injuries
If you suffered bodily injuries in a truck accident, you might be entitled to seek compensation for the physical damage you endured. However, you might also be entitled to seek other types of damages if they are related to your injuries or the truck accident.
When you work with our team, we can assess your damages in order to calculate how much compensation you should pursue in your truck accident case. These damages will generally be divided into economic and non-economic losses–in other words, your financial and general losses.
Some compensable damages you may be entitled to pursue include:
- Medical care costs, including costs for ongoing care (such as physical therapy)
- Out-of-pocket medical costs, such as for prescription medicines or support devices (such as a wheelchair)
- Loss of income, including income you expect to lose if you are still recovering or are permanently injured
- Pain and suffering, reflecting both emotional and physical pain
- Diminished quality of life, if you can’t enjoy activities as you did before the accident
- Costs for additional services, such as home care services
We may suggest other types of damages to pursue based on your current circumstances or your future health needs.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Westfield, call 317-636-7777
Our Law Firm Knows How to Handle Injury Cases Like Yours
At Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., we only represent clients in personal injury cases. Our Westfield truck accident lawyer knows how to handle cases like yours, so we can anticipate the kind of arguments the opposing party or parties might make to absolve them of accountability.
We aim to work hard so that your case presents evidence of the injuries and damages you experienced because of another’s negligence. To help you build your case, we will:
- Review your case for free and identify potentially liable parties
- Investigate the truck accident for details of fault in the official crash report
- Collect evidence from other sources, such as eyewitnesses, expert witnesses, and surveillance footage
- Communicate with insurance adjusters, attorneys, and other involved parties on your behalf so that you do not risk making statements that can be used against you
- Monitor your case and file paperwork when necessary
- Meet with insurance adjusters or lawyers to negotiate a potential settlement
- Advise you on legal decisions you have to make, such as whether or not you should accept a settlement offer
- Represent you in trial if you decide to file a lawsuit
While some people choose to represent themselves in their cases, we do not recommend this, as personal injury law can get nuanced, and you might not be prepared for some of the common challenges of these types of cases.
Work with a law firm that understands the needs of their clients. We help people like you stand up against trucking companies and other liable parties.
Westfield Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 317-636-7777
The Deadline to File a Truck Accident Lawsuit
Many people pursue compensation through an insurance claim, as it can be a faster method than going through the court system. However, you could face challenges in receiving fair compensation through a claim, as the liable party’s insurance provider may refuse to offer you a just settlement.
If the insurance adjuster does not agree to your compensation demands, the negotiation stage can take longer than anticipated and even come to a halt altogether. If this happens, we can move your case forward by filing a personal injury lawsuit, though we’ll need to do so before a certain deadline.
In Indiana, IC § 34-11-2-4 generally gives you two years from the accident date to file your case. So, if our legal team is negotiating with the insurance company representatives and we begin to suspect we won’t be able to reach a settlement with them, we may suggest filing a lawsuit before it is too late. Other reasons why you might want to consider filing a lawsuit include:
- If you miss the filing deadline, you will not be able to compel a liable party to pay compensation.
- You may be able to pursue additional damages beyond what you could recover through an insurance claim.
- Other factors might affect your case’s deadline and shorten it, such as if your case involves a government entity or a minor.
Click to contact our Westfield Truck Accident Lawyer today
Call Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. to Work With Our Westfield Truck Accident Lawyer
The team at Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. is prepared to take on your truck accident case and help you demand compensation from the liable party or parties who caused your injuries. While truck accident cases can get complicated, part of the benefit of working with our law firm is that we can manage your case for you and work out the complexities of your case.
You don’t have to risk trying to represent yourself. Trucking companies often hire robust legal teams to protect them in situations like yours, but that does not mean they cannot be held accountable. With our legal team, we can prepare your case and argue on your behalf. We will act as your advocate and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Call Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. at (317) 636-7777 for a free consultation.