Many bus accident victims wonder if they can save on legal fees if they file a bus accident claim without an attorney. We strongly recommend working with a dedicated personal injury lawyer who has a deep understanding of all the legal loopholes and the requirements unique to personal injury claims.
The weeks after a bus accident can be traumatic and overwhelming. It is critical to consider the impact a personal injury attorney can have on your case and your final settlement.
Should I File a Bus Accident Claim Without a Lawyer?
We strongly recommend working with a dedicated personal attorney to file your bus accident claim. “Saving” money does not make sense when it is this big of a life decision. In fact, you may miss out on thousands of dollars in damages by choosing to file without a lawyer.
Our legal team recommends working with an attorney for the following reasons:
- Even with legal fees, you may recover more compensation with the help of an attorney who has spent decades fighting for the rights of accident victims.
- You should be focused on healing, not learning liability law and gathering medical bills, police reports, and other evidence needed to build your bus, car, or truck accident claim.
- Due to the number of parties involved, these cases can be very complex. Your case may require working with other legal teams, adjusters, accident reconstruction specialists, and others. Our team can take over all communication so you can focus on healing.
- An additional third party may be liable for your injuries, such as an employer, mechanic, or municipality. Our team can investigate all possible sources of compensation.
In addition, many bus accident cases involve city or state governments, which can result in additional challenges and requirements.
How a Bus Accident Lawyer Can Help with Your Case
Unsure how a bus accident lawyer can help you? They will work tirelessly to manage hundreds of details, deadlines, and reports. You should be focused on getting better, and trust your legal team to fight to recover the compensation you deserve.
Here is how a bus accident lawyer can help you:
- Provide a free bus accident case review to explain your legal options
- Work to gather reports, bills, records, videos, witness statements, and any other evidence to support your claim
- Communicate with other lawyers, adjusters, insurance companies, expert witnesses, and all other parties related to your case
- Investigate your case to determine who is liable for your injuries
- Look for third parties who may also be liable for your damages
- Fully calculate your damages, including losses such as wages, future medical care, and long-term disability
- Negotiate with the insurance company for the settlement you deserve
- Represent your case in court, if the insurance company refuses to settle
Most bus accident attorneys work on contingency, which means they recover no fees unless you collect damages, so you have nothing to lose.
Compensation You May Recover in Your Bus Accident Case
The level of compensation you take home will depend on a variety of factors about your case. For example, policy limits may limit your final settlement. Other factors that may impact the damages you recover include the severity of your injuries, the identity of the at-fault party, and whether your injuries are permanent.
In most situations, a bus accident lawyer will pursue the following types of damages:
- Emergency transport costs
- Doctor’s fees
- Hospitalization costs
- Physical therapy, or other long-term treatments
- Personal property
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
Avoid a costly mistake of attempting to file your bus accident claim alone. Work with a dedicated, driven personal injury firm who is committed to recovering the maximum compensation you deserve.
Contact a Dedicated Bus Accident Attorney Today
The team at Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. fights fiercely to protect the rights of accident victims just like you. Over the years, we have gained a reputation for aggressively negotiating for our clients, and we can put that reputation to work for you. Personal injury law is the only type of law we practice, and the insurance companies know we mean business.
You have a limited time to file your bus accident, slip and fall, or car accident claim under Indiana law. Call us today at 317-636-7777 for a free bus accident case evaluation. There is no obligation, and you pay nothing until we recover compensation for you. Our team can come to the location of your choosing, including your home or the hospital. We do not advise you to file a bus accident claim without an attorney.