If you sustained injuries in a head-on collision, you may be considering filing a claim on your own. Especially when it is clear the other driver was at fault, it may seem prudent to save on legal fees.
However, we do not recommend filing your head-on collision claim without the assistance of a dedicated personal injury team. In fact, failure to work with a lawyer may result in a much smaller settlement, costing you money, time, and stress.
Should I File a Head-On Collision Claim Without an Attorney?
We strongly recommend working with an attorney who understands how the law can impact your head-on collision case and can accurately calculate your full losses instead of attempting to file on your own. The amount of compensation you recover can have an incredible impact on your future.
Failure to recover the full extent of your damages could result in loss of income and leave you on the hook for medical bills.
Do not make the costly mistake of trying to file a head-on collision claim on your own. An attorney is best equipped to fight for the compensation you deserve.
The Benefits of Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer for Your Head-On Accident Claim
A personal injury attorney takes over your case and allows you to focus on what matters—getting better. You should not have to deal with the stress of a legal battle while you are injured.
What can you expect when you hire a personal injury attorney to take on your head-on collision case? While the exact process may vary based on the firm you choose, there are many benefits to working with a firm that specializes in personal injury claims specifically.
These benefits include:
- A free case review to help you get to know your legal team and understand your legal rights
- Establishing fault, which is critical to the outcome of your case. Your lawyer will work to prove liability.
- Investigating all possible sources of compensation, including third parties and additional insurance policies
- Working to understand how the accident has impacted your life so they can calculate the full amount of your losses. This may include the loss of function and a loss of future income if you are severely injured
- Negotiating with the insurance companies to recover the maximum compensation possible
- Taking your case to court, if the insurance company refuses to settle for an appropriate amount
Choosing to file a head-on collision claim without an attorney may be a costly mistake. Do not waste time and risk losing money; we strongly recommend working a passionate attorney who has your best interests at heart.
Damages You May Recover After a Head-On Collision
Due to the force of impact involved in a head-on collision, the damages and injuries can be catastrophic. The final settlement you receive may be impacted by who was to blame, how seriously you were injured, and whether you are able to return to work.
In most head-on collision cases, a personal injury lawyer will pursue compensation for the following damages on behalf of their clients.
- Any other personal property damaged in the collision, such as a smartphone or GPS device
- Medical costs, including hospitalization costs, doctor’s fees, medication, testing, surgeries, and long-term care costs
- Loss of income from missing time at work
- Loss of future income if you are disabled or unable to perform the same duties as before
- Pain and suffering losses, including mental distress and loss of enjoyment of life
We will investigate your claim and calculate the full extent of your damages so they can pursue the maximum compensation possible. You have a limited amount of time to pursue damages for your head-on collision under Indiana law. Contact a personal injury attorney now to get started on your case.
If You Have Been Hurt, Contact a Head-On Collision Attorney Today
At Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., our team is committed to passionately protecting the rights of accident victims. Our team has decades of experience working to recover compensation for accident victims just like you.
It all starts with a free head-on collision accident case evaluation to help us understand your situation. Our team can come to any location of your choosing, including the hospital. We will listen to your story and explain your legal options so you can make an informed decision for your future. Call (317) 636-7777 today to get started.