We strongly recommend that you seek legal counsel from a dedicated personal injury lawyer to recover compensation from an uninsured car accident claim. Uninsured car accident claims can be tricky if you are unfamiliar with liability laws.
Another reason to consult a dedicated personal injury lawyer is to give you time to heal from your injuries. There is also the emotional aftermath of a car accident that carries anger and frustration. This can make it difficult to remain objective and calm when dealing with the defendant’s lawyer or insurance adjuster.
A dedicated personal injury lawyer will:
- Effectively navigate settlement negotiations.
- Evaluate liens that could affect compensation.
- Compile a correct assessment of damages for proper valuation.
- Demonstrate the liability and value of injuries and damages with evidence and expert testimony.
- Keep you informed at all stages with confidential communication protected by client and lawyer privilege.
- Ensure you have enough time to file a personal injury lawsuit (if needed).
Filing an Uninsured Car Accident Claim Without a Lawyer
Some people may think that they will save money if they file an uninsured car accident claim by representing themselves (pro se representation). However, this can cost them more in terms of time and money.
A personal injury lawyer who has handled similar cases is able to build a strong claim. An uninsured car accident may involve more than one liable party from whom compensation may be pursued. Most importantly, a dedicated personal injury lawyer can take a clear-eyed view of your case. He or she can accurately assess your injuries and expenses, including those that are less tangible, such as quality of life or mental anguish.
Insurance Companies Can Be Ruthless About Claims
You should know that the defendant’s insurance company has a lawyer…more likely, a team of lawyers. Their goal is to get you to settle as cheaply as possible.
As personal injury lawyers, we have seen how an insurance company will deny, delay, or downplay legitimate claims. We expect such tactics and counter with effective legal arguments and actions to get you the compensation you deserve.
For a free legal consultation, call 317-636-7777
Discount Personal Injury Firms Are Not a Great Value
Most personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee. That is, you do not pay money up-front or an hourly rate, but you agree to pay the firm a percentage of recovered compensation. Typically, this is about 33%.
Some discount law firms offer you a cheaper rate, usually about 25%. However, the old cliché, “You get what you pay for” is appropriate.
- A dedicated personal injury lawyer has a deep understanding of legal issues because they limit their practice exclusively to personal injury law.
- If you were severely injured, you may have long-term health concerns that require the depth of experience from a dedicated personal injury lawyer who considers both current and predicted medical expenses.
- If your case is complex and heads to court, a dedicated personal injury lawyer who has won verdicts for clients will develop a compelling case.
Although a discount law firm may charge a lower percentage, they must make up for that discount through volume. Your uninsured car accident claim may be one of many on their list.
We believe that you deserve personalized attention to get you compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and other damages.
How a Dedicated Personal Injury Firm Benefits You
A dedicated personal injury firm limits its practice to helping injured and disabled people be made whole again.
While there are some steps that you can take to help with your claim, such as keeping medical bills as proof of monetary loss, you should leave the legal details to a dedicated personal injury lawyer. An uninsured car accident claim needs a thorough understanding of the law, such as knowledge of the statute of limitations for a personal injury lawsuit under Indiana law.
Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. offers you the peace of mind in knowing that you have a strong legal advocate fighting for the compensation you deserve:
- We calculate a proper valuation of your loss.
- We stand up to the insurance adjuster.
- We protect your legal rights.
Click to contact our Can You File An Uninsured Car Accident Claim Without An Attorney? today
Call an Uninsured Car Accident Claim Attorney at Sevenish Law Firm, P.C.
We understand the difficult place a car accident puts one in, and you shouldn’t have to go through the process alone. If you want to file an uninsured car accident claim without an attorney, please reconsider and call Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. so we can start on your uninsured car accident claim right away. For a free case evaluation, call (317) 720-3229.
Call or text 317-636-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form