How Do I Get a Police Report for a Car Accident in Greenwood?

How Do I Get a Police Report for a Car Accident in Greenwood?

You can get a police report for a car accident in Greenwood either online or in person. If you want to request the report online, you can do it through the BuyCrash report portal. If you want to do it in person, you need to visit the Johnson County Law Enforcement Facility.

Being involved in a car accident is stressful enough. You do not need to complicate things by worrying about how you will get the police report. Let our team get it for you.

The Benefits of Getting the Police Report

Here are some benefits of getting the police report after being injured in a car accident:

  • This document will connect your injuries to the collision.
  • The report will name the at-fault party in your case.
  • The report will give valuable information like who caused the crash and what happened afterward.
  • The document will prove that the accident in question did take place on a certain date at a specific time.

You are required to file a police report for an accident that results in fatalities or injuries. If you did not file a police report at the accident scene, then you may be required to notify your local law enforcement agency of the event.

How Long will It Take for My Report to Be Available?

The Johnson County Sheriff’s Office says that your incident report should be available within 24 hours. If you are planning on filing a claim or lawsuit, you should request a copy of the report as soon as possible. Be sure to check it for any inconsistencies or errors.

This document should contain the following information:

  • The names of the parties involved
  • Whether emergency transportation services were called to the scene
  • The location of the collision
  • Whether anyone was arrested or issued a citation
  • Whether drunk driving or drug use was a contributor
  • Diagrams regarding the points of impact on each vehicle

The police officer who arrived at the scene may have also included information about who (or what) caused the crash.

What Happens After I Get the Police Report?

You do not need to get a copy of the police report after a car accident in Greenwood to start exploring your legal options. From the moment of impact, you have the opportunity to have our law firm handle your case. Upon partnering with us, you can expect the following to take place:

We will File Your Insurance Claim

You are able to seek compensation when someone causes your auto accident and injuries in Indiana. This means that if another party caused your accident, you can file a claim with their insurer. We will file your claim as soon as possible so that we do not violate any potential deadlines.

After filing your claim, the liable party could:

  • Deny your claim
  • Present a counteroffer
  • Accept your claim

How the insurance company responds will give us more information about how to proceed. If they deny your claim, we will provide evidence that proves your side of the story. If they present a counteroffer, we can determine if it pays for your losses. If the insurance company accepts your claim, then we can resolve your case at that point.

We will File a Lawsuit Against the At-Fault Party

If negotiations with the insurance company fail, then we can file a lawsuit against the negligent party. This could be another driver, government department, or parts manufacturer. You generally have two years to file your car accident lawsuit, as explained under IC §34-11-2-4.

Upon filing your lawsuit, we will continue negotiating with the insurer for a fair settlement. We will also:

  • File your lawsuit in civil court
  • Present evidence that shows the cost of your damages, the severity of your injuries, and the cause of your accident
  • Interview and cross-examine witnesses
  • Consult with accident reconstruction specialists on your case
  • Defend your legal rights
  • Advise you on what options you have

Regardless of the path your case takes, we can handle it. You do not have to represent yourself. In fact, we advise against it because the legal process can get complicated.

Our Law Firm Works on a Contingency-Fee-Basis

We encourage you to consider your legal options immediately after getting hurt. Doing so could promote a smooth claims process and protect your right to seek compensation. Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. works on a contingency-fee-basis, so:

  • You do not need to pay us anything upfront to get started.
  • You don’t pay our attorney’s fees if we can’t win your case.
  • We only get paid once your case is over.

We take our fees out of the money we win for you.

Call Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. to Find Out More

We offer free case reviews to people interested in learning about their options. To connect with our team and talk about your case, dial 317-720-3229.

Fierce Protectors of the Injured™

Video Testimonials

Copyright © 2023 Sevenish Law | Disclaimer | Sitemap | Privacy Policy | Powered by DRIVE Law Firm Marketing

Fierce Protectors of the Injured™

Get a Free Case Evaluation

Contact one of our legal experts and get a prompt review of your case.
24 Hours | 7 days a week

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.