When a motorist acts negligently and causes an accident, they are liable for the injuries and other damages that result. As a part of pursuing compensation in a truck accident case, your attorney will need to prove what caused the accident and who is liable. Investigation of the causes and contributing factors of the crash is the primary way fault is determined in a truck accident in Indianapolis, IN. This will allow us to determine the liable party(s).
Because we only handle truck accidents, car accidents, and other personal injury cases, we know what it takes to prove fault and pursue the payout you deserve. We can investigate your accident, identify all potentially liable parties, and build a strong case to support an insurance claim or legal action.
We Can Help You Prove Fault and Liability in an Indianapolis Truck Accident Case
When we take on an Indianapolis truck accident case, we launch our investigation to determine the at-fault driver almost immediately. The longer we wait, the more opportunity there is for evidence to disappear. As a part of our investigation, we will:
- Request copies of the police report, which may give us an indication of fault but is not always definitive
- Visit and photograph the accident scene
- Search for any available video of the accident
- Recover information and evidence held by the trucking company such as driver’s logs and computer data from the truck
- Examine the damage to each vehicle
- Interview witnesses
- Work with accident reconstruction specialists to better understand what happened
Once we have a good understanding of how negligence or carelessness led to your accident, we can build a strong argument for the payout you deserve by documenting your expenses and losses related to the accident, your injuries, and your treatment. This may include:
- Working with medical expert witnesses to understand your injuries, prognosis, and future care needs
- Collecting documentation of your medical bills and related costs
- Determining the cost to repair or replace your vehicle
Only once we have a strong case to prove the truck driver was at-fault in your accident can we pursue a payout. We may be able to negotiate an out-of-court settlement in this type of case, but we will not be bullied by the trucking company or their attorneys. We will file a truck accident lawsuit if necessary.
For a free legal consultation, call 317-743-7971
Determining Fault in Truck Accidents Can Be Especially Complex
In most cases, drivers make a careless or reckless mistake that causes a traffic accident. This is true in most motor vehicle accidents, including truck accidents. However, additional rules and regulations apply to truck drivers and trucking companies, meaning there are more ways they can misbehave and cause an accident. This includes:
- Driving too long without a break
- Not sleeping long enough on their break
- Not securing their load properly
- Not following applicable weight restrictions
- Not completing pre-trip inspections
- Not following other regulations set by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
In addition, these cases are more complex because the driver is not the only liable party even if we determine they caused the accident. Instead, we will file a claim or lawsuit against the trucking company, which is legally vicariously liable for the negligent actions of their employee, the truck driver.
While this often means going toe-to-toe with a large corporate legal team, it also means we may have access to a large corporate insurance policy to pay out to cover your serious injuries.
Let Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. Go to Work on Your Indianapolis Truck Accident Case
As USA Today reports, truck crashes occur far too often in Indiana. At Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., we only take on personal injury cases, including truck accident cases. Because it is all we do, we know how to determine fault, identify damages, and pursue a payout in this type of case.
Let us review your case for free. Do not be tempted by discount law firms that are jacks of all trades but masters of none. They may not know how to prove a truck accident case or identify all your damages, so you recover the largest payout possible based on the facts of your case.
Talk to a Truck Accident Attorney in Indianapolis, IN
At Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., we know how fault is determined in a truck accident in Indianapolis, IN and can help you pursue the payout you deserve if you suffered injuries. Call us today at (317) 636-7777 for your free case evaluation and consultation before the statute of limitations to pursue justice for your injuries under IN § 34-11-2-4 expires.