You could prove you are not at fault in a car accident by:
- Recovering video footage of the accident
- Obtaining witness testimony of how the accident happened
- Hiring experts who can prove that you are not at fault
- Obtaining a police report that suggests you are not at fault
- Securing any other evidence or documentation that shows you are not at fault for your car accident
A lawyer from our firm can help you secure such documentation and evidence.
What do You Have to Prove to Establish Fault for Your Accident?
Negligence is the liability standard for most car accidents. The American Bar Association (ABA) explains the three elements of establishing negligence following a car crash:
- Show that the liable party owed you a duty of care
- Prove that the liable party breached their duty of care
- Demonstrate that their breach caused your car accident
Following this three-step sequence, your attorney will show the losses resulting from your car accident.
Who Could Be Liable for Your Car Crash?
The negligent party in a car accident is most often a motorist. Dangerous driving, distracted driving, and driving while intoxicated may all make a motorist liable. Non-motorists may have liability for your accident if:
- A vehicle defect caused your accident
- Dangerous road conditions, such as potholes or other flaws, caused your accident
- A pedestrian or bicyclist caused your accident
We would prove you are not at fault for your car accident by proving others’ liability.
Will Fault Affect Insurance Coverage for Your Accident?
Fault is an essential factor for insurance purposes. Indiana is an at-fault state, meaning that an at-fault motorist – or in this case, their insurer – must cover the losses that they caused.
If an insurance claim makes sense for you, we aim to prove to insurance representatives that you are not at fault for your accident. Proving this could be the difference between receiving compensation or not.
Will Fault Affect the Outcome of a Lawsuit?
The question of fault is also relevant if you file a lawsuit. Our objective is to prove fault when negotiating for compensation or arguing your case at trial. The more persuasive our argument is, the stronger your case for compensation may be.
For a free legal consultation, call 317-636-7777
How Can Our Firm Help You Prove Fault?
Protecting your interests is a critical goal when proving another party’s fault. Therefore, our firm will protect you by:
- Dealing directly with insurance companies after your accident
- Discouraging you from speaking with others involved in your accident, including insurance adjusters or other attorneys
- Dissuading you from making statements that suggest you share blame for the collision
- Advising you at every turn
We will ensure that you do not unknowingly admit fault. Then, we will turn our focus to any parties who are at fault for your accident.
How do We Hold Other Parties to Account for Causing a Car Crash?
We might dispatch investigators to gather all relevant evidence. These investigators know what to seek at your accident scene. They may photograph your accident scene, conduct interviews, and speak with the responding police officer.
We may also hire experts for your case who:
- Provide important testimony about fault
- Reconstruct your accident, helping prove fault
Experts and investigators come at no additional cost to you. They are simply one of the many benefits of hiring our firm for your case.
Services We Provide During an Accident Claim
Our firm will help you throughout your car accident case by managing these essential elements.
Keeping Track of All Case Deadlines
Our team is familiar with statutes such as IC § 34-11-2-4. This statute may allow you only two years to file a personal injury lawsuit related to your car accident. We also know that wrongful death suits and insurance claims could come with time-sensitive deadlines.
It is critical to note that time-related deadlines vary. There are exceptions. Don’t hesitate to contact our firm even if your car accident happened more than two years ago.
Facilitating Your Entire Case
You can expect us to handle every step of your case. You will not have to worry about your case, allowing you to focus on recovering from your injuries. Our team completes all paperwork and administrative duties. We will update you about your case as necessary and handle communications with opposing counsel and insurance adjustors.
Fighting for Maximum Compensation
As your attorneys, you measure our success in dollars. We will fight for the awards you deserve. A settlement or judgment could cover your medical costs, lost income, pain and suffering, vehicle repairs, and other losses.
Click to contact our How Do You Prove You Are Not at Fault in a Car Accident? today
Call Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. for Your Free Consultation
Handling a car accident case without a lawyer can compromise your health, and you could end up dissatisfied with the result. Let Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. use our experience and resources for you.
Call Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. today at (317) 636-7777 for your free no-obligation consultation. You can tell us about your case and ask any questions that you have.