According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the main causes of car accidents are distracted driving, alcohol-related accidents, speeding, going through red lights, and reckless driving. Whatever the reason for the accident, it can lead to traumatic results and injuries.
When a car accident occurs, it is critical to seek the treatment of a qualified medical professional. You are also eligible under the law to seek financial compensation for your injuries. No one deserves to suffer without recovering the monetary damages from a car accident.
Car accidents are tragic events, but you may recover with peace of mind when you use a lawyer who understands Indiana’s personal injury laws. A car accident attorney will manage all the difficult work for you so that you can focus on healing and getting back to a normal life again. Some of the things he can do while you recuperate include:
- Look at all the evidence to prove liability on your behalf.
- Investigate additional information to help build a strong case
- Pull together records from various places, such as hospitals, police records, and so on.
- Negotiate with third party insurance adjusters and others
- File all necessary paperwork if a fair settlement cannot be reached
- Represent you in a lawsuit, if necessary
When you take the first step and seek a lawyer for assistance, he may begin your case right away.
Car Accident Causes
While every car accident differs, some obvious but frequent causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving: According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, distracted driving remains illegal due to its dangers.
- Alcohol-Related Driving: Drunk driving, much like distracted driving, slows a person’s reaction time.
- Speeding: Speeding can result in a collision because a person leaves less time for themselves to react on the road.
- Reckless Driving: Careless driving can lead to car accidents and injuries also.
- Going Through a Red Light: This is a very dangerous action and often results in a front-end hit.
For a free legal consultation, call 317-636-7777
Car Accident Injuries
An accident can devastate someone’s life with injuries, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. There are physical and emotional injuries involved in any type of accident. Some types of injuries from a car accident include:
- Brain concussions
- Neck and shoulder injuries
- Bruised or broken ribs
- Broken legs or arms
- Bruise, cuts, and abrasions
Sometimes a car accident is fatal. If your loved one is killed in a car accident, a wrongful death suit may help you get financial compensation for your loss.
In addition to physical injuries, there are emotional injuries from a car accident too. People may have tremendous internal anguish and sorrow after getting into a car accident. The emotional pain and suffering lead some people to develop post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, and nightmares. Others may be anxious about driving again. These internal injuries are eligible for compensation too.
Working with An Attorney After A Car Accident
Indiana’s law allows you to seek personal injury compensation. The injured party has protections after a car accident. When you work with a car accident lawyer, he will begin the process as well as accurately calculate the amount you are eligible for under the law.
This involves getting all the paperwork and records from the different medical establishments you had to go to for treatment. The attorney will also calculate the amount of money you lost while being out of work for appointments and time of the injury. They also will figure out if you will be losing any future earnings from a more permanent injury. If so, that will be calculated and determined.
Click to contact our What Are the Main Causes of Car Accidents? today
Get Started with A Car Accident Lawyer
Getting injured in a car collision is tragic, but you can heal and get the compensation you deserve. At Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., we will fight hard for you and be the legal advocate you deserve during this time because we only take on personal injury cases, unlike other law firms.
A statute of limitations applies to personal injury lawsuits, so the sooner you call us, the sooner we may begin securing your rights to legal action. Do not let your opportunity to hold a negligent party accountable in a personal injury lawsuit slip away. Get in touch with us for a free, no-obligation case consultation. Call (317) 636-7777 today.