There is no average settlement for motorcycle accidents in Indiana, as the compensation available varies based on the unique details of each case. Some of the most important variables that can influence settlements include the seriousness of a victim’s injuries and their medical care costs.
A lawyer’s team can tell you more about what you could expect from a potential settlement or award, however. A lawyer can investigate how the accident affected your life, your wellbeing, and your wallet. Then, they can explain what your case could be worth.
Your Potential Settlement May Be Influenced By These Factors
Many details of your case could affect your potential settlement or award amount. Here are some of the most important factors:
- Your injuries: If you suffered severe or catastrophic injuries, your life could be completely changed. Your settlement could reflect the hardships you face due to debilitating injuries.
- Your medical costs: You may need long-term care such as physical therapy or require surgeries in the future. These costs can add up quickly, and your potential settlement could account for all these medical bills – past, present, and future.
- Your income losses: Some injuries are so serious that they leave victims unable to work. If you needed to take time off, reduce your hours, or change jobs entirely because of your injuries, you could be compensated for these losses.
- How the accident affected your life: If you were actively engaged in hobbies or athletic activities but can no longer participate because of your injuries, your compensation could reflect these losses.
Other factors can also influence the amount you’re eligible to seek. For instance, the liable party’s identity can have an impact on your potential settlement. After all, if you were hit by a truck and the trucking company is responsible, you could pursue compensation based on this higher corporate insurance policy. A lawyer can help you determine how much you could pursue in your case.
For a free legal consultation, call 317-636-7777
Common Challenges That Could Affect Your Motorcycle Accident Settlement
In a motorcycle accident case, receiving the compensation you deserve can be complicated. If you are a motorcyclist, you could face unfair bias when you file a claim. For instance, the insurance company could try to argue that you were more responsible for the crash than you truly were.
There are many other ways that the insurance company could attempt to lower your settlement or deny your claim, including:
- Alleging that you made your injuries worse
- Drawing out the settlement process
- Denying your claim outright
A motorcycle accident lawyer can handle these challenges for you.
What You Can Do to Lay a Strong Foundation for Your Financial Recovery
The aftermath of an accident can be chaotic. However, keep in mind that your actions in the weeks to follow can be crucial for your case’s success.
To ensure that you have the best chance at recovering the compensation you deserve, consider the following:
- Avoid making a recorded statement: The insurance company may contact you after the crash and ask you to go on the record with a statement. This can seem like a helpful gesture, but often, the insurer will use this record as evidence that will harm your case.
- Get the medical care you need: Going to the emergency room after the accident is good practice if you have any injury symptoms. Then, it’s important to keep getting the treatment your doctor advises. Take any recommended medications or follow up with any specialists as a doctor orders. Otherwise, an insurer can argue that you made your injuries worse.
- Get a case review before accepting a settlement: When you accept a settlement offer, you won’t be able to ask for additional funds down the line. Be sure that the offer you accept is a fair one. If you call a lawyer’s office for a free case review, you can explain your situation, discuss any settlement offers, and get a sense of your legal options.
Click to contact our What Is an Average Settlement for a Motorcycle Accident in Indiana? today
What a Lawyer Can Do to Help You Seek the Settlement You Need
If you choose to hire a lawyer, they can handle all the tasks involved in seeking the settlement you deserve.
- Calculate the damages you qualify to seek
- Build strong evidence to show the insurance company or a jury at trial
- Determine if you should seek a settlement or file a lawsuit
- Handle all the negotiations for you
- Litigate for you if your case goes to trial
- Advise you on when to accept a settlement offer
A lawyer’s job is to help you pursue all forms of compensation available in your case. They can help you feel confident that you are seeking the settlement you need.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. for a Free Consultation About Your Motorcycle Accident
At Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., you can work with Randy Sevenish, “The Lawyer Who Rides.” Randy Sevenish and his team know how to fight for motorcycle accident victims and will use their experience to seek your best possible results.
Call us today at (317) 720-3229 to get a free case review and to learn more.
Call or text 317-636-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form