You could be facing serious physical pain, financial strain, and emotional stress after an injury. Whether you were in a car crash on I-65 or had a slip and fall accident at Kroger, your entire life could now be upended.
Fortunately, the law may be on your side. If someone else is responsible for causing your injury, you may be entitled to recover damages for your pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, etc. Our Indianapolis personal injury lawyers at Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. work on a contingency-fee-basis, so you do not pay any upfront fees for our representation.
How do I Know If I Have a Personal Injury Case in Indiana?
You may have a valid injury case if someone else is legally responsible for your accident or injury. In most cases, this means that someone else was careless or reckless, or in legal terms, they were negligent. You could bring an injury case against an individual, a business, or other entities.
If you hire our team to make your case for you, we will work to show that:
- The other party failed to uphold the duty of care they owed to you.
- This failure directly caused your injuries and other losses.
It can be hard to determine if someone else is liable for your injury on your own. We recommend contacting our team to understand if you have legal options available. Then, we can explain your next steps and how we can help you bring a compensation case.
Types of Cases Our Indianapolis Personal Injury Lawyers Can Assist with
Our firm handles a wide range of injury cases, including:
- Car accidents
- Bus accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Dog Bites
- Construction site accidents
- Product liability
- Slip and fall accidents
- Premises liability
- Pedestrian accidents
- First responder injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Paralysis injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Burn injuries
- Wrongful death
- Medical malpractice
At Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., we may be able to help even if your case type is not listed here. No matter the circumstances of your accident, another person could be responsible – and we could help. We have years of experience initiating personal injury claims for our clients who are the victims of a defective product, truck accident, wrongful death claim, motor vehicle accident, and need medical attention. Our Indianapolis personal injury attorneys can help you work toward the compensation you deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Indianapolis, call 317-636-7777.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Indianapolis, call 317-636-7777
Damages You Might Recover in Your Indianapolis Injury Case
Every personal injury case is different. Even within the same type of issue – car accidents, for example – your case will include various damages than another injury victim. In general, you should be able to recover compensation for both your financial damages and non-financial damages.
Financial Damages for Medical Bills and More
These damages refer to the financial impacts that your injury had on you and your family. Some types of financial damages that may be recoverable in your case include:
- Medical expenses (past, future, and ongoing)
- Lost income and benefits
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damage
Emotional distress, mental distress, or other intangible hardships may be included in your non-financial damages. These include:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- Disfigurement and scarring
The court might also award you additional compensation known as punitive damages in rare cases. These are meant to punish the at-fault party for especially egregious behavior. For example, drunk driving might warrant this kind of compensation.
We can discuss what specific compensation may be available in your case when you call our office for a free consultation.
Wrongful Death Damages
When a family faces the sudden loss of a loved one, they may be able to seek compensation from the responsible party. Damages in these cases could include:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Medical bills
- Lost income
Our experienced attorney team will handle a wrongful death case and help determine the at-fault party for you to focus on more important matters during this challenging time.
Indianapolis Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 317-636-7777.
Indianapolis Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 317-636-7777
How Our Law Firm Can Help with Your Indianapolis Personal Injury Case
A personal injury lawyer from our team will work hard to seek the best possible compensation for you. We can protect your rights and work to negotiate a settlement that represents the damages you suffered and those you will experience in the future.
Building Your Case with Evidence
At Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., we believe in building a case methodically from the ground up. The entire framework for your claim will rest on a bed of solid evidence.
When you hire our firm to handle your injury case, we will launch an investigation to determine the cause of your injury and the person or party responsible.
To investigate your case, we may:
- Explore the scene of the accident to gather evidence
- Seek and document any photos or videos
- Interview witnesses and record their testimonies of the incident
- Enlist help from experts who can speak to the cause and effect of the accident
- Review your medical records
- Obtain and review a copy of the police or facility accident report
- Gather wage statements from your employer
The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can begin this investigation.
Handling Any Out-of-Court Negotiations
In many cases, we will be able to settle your case out of court. After determining a fair value for your case, we will issue our demand letter to the liable insurance company. If they agree to this amount or are willing to negotiate an offer, we can successfully resolve your case without going to trial.
However, in some cases, we will advise filing a lawsuit. Even if we do file suit, it is always possible that we may secure a settlement offer from the liable party even after beginning the process of a lawsuit. Insurance companies often want to avoid the cost and time of trial, especially if they know we have a solid case to present before a jury.
Preparing for Trial
Some cases can go to a jury trial if the two sides cannot reach an agreeable settlement. We will prepare your case for trial and litigate on your behalf.
We will also:
- File necessary paperwork
- Argue your case
- Cross-examine witnesses
- Call expert witnesses to the stand for testimony
- Prepare you for any appearances at trial
Click to contact our Indianapolis Personal Injury Lawyer today
Click to contact our Indianapolis Personal Injury Lawyer today
Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. Understands Personal Injury Cases
The personal injury attorneys at Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. focus all of their time and efforts on injury and accident cases like yours – unlike Indianapolis’s many discount law firms that are jacks of all trades and masters of none. We understand personal injury law because it’s all we do.
Here are a few more reasons to consider our team:
- Free case reviews 24/7: We offer free initial consultations so you can learn your options at no obligation. We are happy to take your call any time, day or night, as many clients require flexibility with call times.
- Our background of service: Randy Sevenishhas a background as a SWAT team Commander and lived a life of service even before going into injury law. Randy is ready to fight for you.
- Our recognitions: We are honored to receive recognitions such as a Martindale-Hubbell Preeminent rating and Lawyers of Distinction award.
At Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., we have a track record of winning six-figure settlements for injury victims. Some of our results for past clients include:
- Pedestrian injury accident: Our 22-year-old client faced life-threatening injuries after being struck by a vehicle as a pedestrian. Though he faced allegations of partial liability for the accident due to intoxication, we were able to secure a settlement in the high six figures.
- Major rear-end accident: Our client was stopped at a traffic signal when he was seriously rear-ended. This led to major shoulder injuries that required long-term physical therapy. We were able to secure a six-figure settlement after negotiating with both the liable drivers and the client’s insurance companies.
- Bicycle accident: Our client was on his bicycle when struck in a crosswalk. He faced significant injuries on his left side and required several days in the hospital. We won a six-figure settlement for our client, even after the liable insurance company disputed the seriousness of his injuries.
We will use our experience to seek the best possible results for you.
- “… Sevenish and his staff have been amazing! I was always treated with kindness, respect, and professionalism. I was always provided with all of my options and emphasized my decision on how to proceed, but I was given truthful guidance when I asked for input. I could never have navigated this on my own (auto-injury case), and I am very thankful for them. I highly recommend them and would use them again if I needed to.” – Wendy D.
- “As with any horrible experience… an auto accident can be a traumatizing situation. I knew I needed a personal injury lawyer right away (Insurance companies aren’t so helpful or respond quickly to your immediate needs). A good friend recommended Randy Sevenish and his law firm. They were patient and kind and persevered with hard work until my case was settled and is now behind me. I would highly recommend Sevenish Law Firm if you are ever in a personal injury accident…. Hope you never are, but rest assured you will have a calm comfort with the Team at Sevenish Law Firm.” – Debra R.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Indiana Laws That Could Affect Your Case
Another reason why you may want to seek out our help because we know Indiana state laws and local Indianapolis laws that could affect your case. Here are some laws that could impact your claim or lawsuit:
Indiana’s Deadlines for Taking Civil Action
Most states have statutes restricting the amount of time injury victims have to take legal action in a civil matter, including personal injury lawsuits. According to IC § 34-11-2-4 of the Indiana Statutes, the statute of limitations is typically two years from the date of your injury. You may be barred from filing your injury lawsuit when this time limit expires.
There are cases where the statute of limitations is much shorter than two years. For instance, some injury claims may be against government entities. In this case, you could have a far shorter deadline by which you must file your claim. Personal injury law is complex, and every case is unique. You may want to get help from a law office like Sevenish Law Firm, P.C.
Do not let the party responsible for your injuries get off the hook on a technicality like the statute of limitations. We can discuss what legal deadlines pertain to your case when you call us for a case review.
Contributory Negligence Laws Allow You to Recover Compensation for Partial Fault
In Indiana, state laws allow you to pursue compensation for a personal injury accident – even if you bear partial responsibility (IC § 34-51-2-5). If you bore some liability for the incident, this may be good news for your case. However, this law could have several other effects on your case, such as:
- The other party could argue that you bore more fault than you truly did.
- Your settlement could be reduced according to your degree of fault.
This is where our team can come in. We can gather evidence to prove the facts in your case and work to show that the other party bore primary responsibility. Our injury lawyers will fight against unfair claims that may lower your settlement amount.
Our Team Can Help If You’re Facing These Types of Injuries in Indianapolis
Whether your injury is more moderate or severe, you may have an injury case. Our team has experience working with victims with a range of injuries. We know how to use your medical records and details of your prognosis to ensure that you’re seeking every dollar available in your case.
We can help you with:
Catastrophic Injuries That Affect You Over the Long Term
With these types of injuries, you may be facing a new way of life and the possibility of lifelong medical care. Two of the main types of injury often referred to as catastrophic include spinal cord injury and traumatic brain injury (TBI).
- Spinal cord injury: Immediately after a spinal cord injury, you could have required emergency care such as surgery or medications, per Mayo Clinic. Then, you may need to undergo physical therapy to regain certain independence skills. If you face complete or incomplete paralysis, you could require modifications to your home or vehicle to accommodate a wheelchair. You may need to continue using medications over the long term to assist with specific bodily functions.
- Traumatic brain injury: In the aftermath of a TBI, you may also require immediate surgery and other advanced care, such as surgery to address bleeding in the brain. Eventually, your doctor may recommend many types of therapy and rehabilitation, including speech therapy and physical therapy. A TBI could affect your mood, cognitive function, motor skills, and more for many years or the rest of your life.
Because of the significant medical costs involved with both injuries, our legal team will work to demonstrate all the lifelong charges you may be facing. We will not only include in your case value the past and present costs of your medical care, but any future costs you may anticipate down the line.
Other Serious Injuries
Many other significant or even more moderate injuries can impact your daily life and health. Our team will help you seek compensation for medical expenses related to injuries such as:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Sprains and strains
- Internal injuries
We may be able to help you with injuries beyond those listed here.
Frequently Asked Questions in an Indiana Personal Injury Case
Injury cases can be confusing. We understand this is a difficult time. With our extensive experience, we work hard to get you the answers and financial compensation you need to move forward with your case.
How Much Could My Injury Case Be Worth?
One of the major ways our team can help your case is by determining what a fair settlement would look like in your situation. We do this by examining the major factors that could influence your settlement or award amount, including:
- The severity of your injuries
- The cost of your medical care
- How does the injury affect your life and career
- Who is responsible for your accident and injury
- The at-fault party in a product liability case
Your settlement or award may vary based on these and other factors. After investigating the details of your injury, we will tell you what a goal settlement amount would look like in your case.
How Much does It Cost to Hire a Lawyer?
It would help if you didn’t have to worry about paying for a lawyer when facing major bills after an accident. We will get to work for you based on contingency, meaning that:
- We require no upfront fees to get started (such as hourly rates or retainers).
- We only receive a payment if we win for you.
- Our payment comes as a percentage of your award or settlement.
We are fully transparent about our contingency fees, so you don’t have to worry about surprises. Our combined experience will garner the best possible financial compensation in your case.
What Can I Do to Strengthen My Personal Injury Case?
Here are some of the most important steps you can take when you’re bringing a personal injury case:
- Seek all the medical care you need: Most importantly, get all the care you need to begin your recovery and continue with healing. If a doctor advises specific treatments or medications, follow through. Having a clear record of your injuries gives the insurance companies less room to dispute your compensation case.
- Watch what you say to the insurance company: Soon after your accident or incident, you might receive a call from the company that insures the at-fault party. Be careful what you say, as they may be able to use your words against you when it comes time to negotiate a settlement.
- Know that you don’t have to accept the first offer you receive: In some cases, the insurance adjuster may offer you a settlement soon after the accident. As tempting as it may be to take the money and move on with your life, an initial offer may be worth less than the full extent of your damages. Accepting a low settlement offer may prevent you from recovering additional damages later if your injuries worsen.
What Should I Expect During My Free Case Review?
When you call our team to get your free case review, we will immediately be able to answer your questions about your case. We recommend that you gather any information that may be relevant to this call, such as your medical bills or a crash report. We recommend preparing your questions for your injury claim in advance to get the information you need.
You can ask us questions like:
- What damages could I seek?
- Who could be liable for my accident and injury?
- What is your experience with a case like mine?
- What should I do next?
- How do your contingency fees work?
We will also ask you for basic information about your case to tell you more about how we can help.
Call Our Law Firm Today
The lawyers at Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. are eager to begin helping you with your personal injury case. We want to take this case off your hands and your mind so you can focus on getting better and getting back to your life.
You have nothing to lose by calling us today. The case review is free, and if you hire us, we charge you only if and when we win your case. Call Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. today at (317) 636-7777 for your free case review.
Address Sevenish Law Firm
101 W Ohio St #2077, Indianapolis, IN 46204
Call or text 317-636-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form.