Being involved in a car accident can be a scary situation. The consequences can be costly and sometimes deadly. Following a vehicle collision, you may be experiencing anxiety, frustration, and worry about getting your life back to normal as quickly as possible.
If you are one of the thousands of individuals in Indiana who have been involved in a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation to recover your losses. Car accidents are far too common. If someone else’s negligent driving caused your car accident, call to get started with the Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. at (317) 636-7777 for a free, confidential consultation with a car accident lawyer in Evansville, IN.
Common Causes of Accidents in Evansville, IN
Car accidents can happen at any time. Here are a few of the common causes.
Drivers are more distracted than ever before, making distracted driving one of the top causes of car accidents today. Some of the most common distractions for drivers are text messages, talking on the phone, speaking with passengers, changing the radio, or just looking at the landscape around you.
Every year, thousands of reports are filed about car accidents involving someone driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Impaired driving is a serious issue that can lead to unnecessary damage and loss of life.
Another type of impairment is driving while drowsy or sleepy. Approximately 20 percent of adult drivers admit to consistently getting behind the wheel while feeling drowsy. According to the National Safety Council, you are three times more likely to get in a car accident while fatigued. And driving after going more than 20 hours without sleep is the equivalent of driving with a blood-alcohol level of 0.08 percent, the U.S. legal limit.
Aggressive or Reckless Driving
This includes drivers who dart in and out of traffic to reach their destination more quickly, tailgating, and other aggressive behaviors that drivers exhibit when they get behind the wheel.
Traveling at high speeds in a moving vehicle substantially increases the likelihood that you will get in a car accident. When cars swerve into your lane or traffic suddenly slows down or stops, your reaction time is shortened at higher speeds increasing the opportunity for a collision. High speeds also elevate the risk of more severe injuries, or possibly death.
At Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., we protect our clients’ interests. If you have been injured in a car accident and you suspect it was because of the negligent or intentional act of another, call us today at (317) 636-7777. We fight for your right to pursue compensation for your injuries.
Recovering Damages in Evansville, IN
Dealing with insurance companies can be a hassle, especially when you are trying to recover from your injuries. The small details are very important to your case, and every detail can help determine how much compensation you should receive for your losses.
We answer questions like:
- Who is the liable party?
- What is the extent of liability?
- What is the scope of your injuries?
These questions and more can help evaluate the amount of compensation you may receive for your car accident injuries. Common types of damages we have recovered for our clients are:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital stays, ambulance transportation, medical scans, tests, and treatment can be very expensive and add up quickly.
- Pain and Suffering: These non-quantifiable damages can have a major impact on your quality of life but can be subjective and difficult to calculate. We will establish a dollar amount that is fair to compensate you for your pain and suffering.
- Lost Wages: If you are unable to return to your job after an accident, you may be entitled to compensation for wages you have missed as a result of your absence from work. This may also include future wages if you are unable to return to work because of your injuries.
A lot of time, energy, and money can be lost trying to take on a lawsuit on your own. Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. is here to help you. We are ready to get to work on your case right away. Call us today at (317) 636-7777 for a free review of your case with a car accident lawyer in Evansville, IN.
How the Statute of Limitations Can Impact Your Claim
It is important to be aware that the state of Indiana imposes a two-year deadline to file a lawsuit seeking damages in a personal injury claim. If the injuries sustained in the accident were so serious that the victim did not survive, the family has the right to pursue damages for wrongful death. The wrongful death lawsuit must be filed within two years from the date of the victim’s death, or the family may lose the right to recover damages.
A Car Accident Attorney Is Available for You
With over 34 years of experience in personal injury law, the Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. is proud of the results we get for our clients. We are dedicated to serving our clients throughout the process of their car accident lawsuit. Some specific ways we can help include:
- Investigating your car accident and gathering evidence like medical records, police reports, and eyewitness accounts
- Calculating the cost of your non-quantifiable damages, such as pain and suffering or emotional distress
- Providing you with 24/7 support in the case, from beginning to end
- Negotiating with insurance companies on your behalf
- Fighting for your rights in a courtroom if we cannot reach an agreeable settlement
Personal injury law is not just what we do; it is all we do. Our commitment is to those who have been wrongly injured in a car accident. To get started today, call a car accident lawyer in Evansville, IN, at Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. at (317) 636-7777 for a free, no-obligation consultation.