If an Indianapolis, Indiana, driver changes lanes improperly, it may cause a traffic accident and leave occupants of their car and other nearby vehicles with serious injuries. This type of accident may be especially dangerous if there is a truck or motorcycle involved. If you were a victim of an improper lane change car accident in Indianapolis, you may be able to seek financial recovery based on the facts of your case.
Personal injury attorney Randall Sevenish and Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. only handle accident cases. We may be able to assist you with your claim or lawsuit after an improper lane change accident. Call (317) 636-7777 for a free case review with a member of the Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. team.
Improper and Unsafe Lane Changes Cause Thousands of Injury Accidents Every Year in Indiana
According to Indiana University Public Policy Institute, two types of issues with maintaining lanes led to more than 15,000 accidents in Indiana during 2018:
- Unsafe lane movement: 10,301 accidents.
- Improper lane usage: 5,355 accidents.
Unsafe and improper lane changes may cause many kinds of traffic accidents, including sideswipes and other collisions between two passenger cars. However, they may be particularly dangerous in two situations:
- When the at-fault driver is behind the wheel of an 18-wheeler
- When there is a motorcycle in the adjacent lane
When the types of vehicles are involved, the injuries incurred by these accidents may be more serious. However, serious and life-altering injuries may happen in any type of improper lane change accident. To learn more, call Sevenish Law Firm, P.C. now at (317) 636-7777 to find out how an Indianapolis improper lane changes lawyer can help.
For a free legal consultation with a improper lane changes lawyer serving Indianapolis, call 317-743-7971
Building a Case for Compensation in an Indianapolis Improper Lane Changes Car Accident Case
At Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., our team is led by attorney Randy Sevenish and only handles personal injury cases, so we may know how to navigate the process and build a compelling argument for a just payout you may be entitled to. If we take on your Indianapolis car accident case, we may:
- Gather evidence to prove negligence, showing the other driver was at-fault for the accident and your injuries
- Mitigate any accusations that you contributed to causing the accident which could reduce the value of your claim under Indiana Code 34-51-2-5
- Identify all potentially liable parties based on the facts of your case
- Collect proof of all documentable expenses and losses when possible
Once your case is ready, we may contact the at-fault driver’s insurance company and demand a fair payout. This generally leads to negotiations for a fair settlement agreement. If they refuse a just settlement in your Indianapolis improper lane changes case, we may also be able to litigate your case, which would require us to:
- Take the case to trial
- Convince the judge and jury using evidence and a strong argument
- Present our documentation of your losses to support a fair court award
- Represent your best interests throughout this process
If we are able to reach a settlement agreement or recover a court award in your Indianapolis car accident case, your recoverable damages may include:
- Current and future medical care costs
- Other expenses related to treatment and care
- Lost wages and benefits
- Diminished earning capacity
- Property damages, including to your vehicle
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish and other non-economic damages
- Wrongful death damages when applicable
At Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., our team only gets paid if our clients do. If we agree to work together on your Indianapolis improper lane changes car accident case, an Indianapolis improper lane changes lawyer will take on your case on a contingency-fee basis. This means you will not pay any legal fees up front or out of your pocket. If we do not recover a settlement or award, we do not get paid.
If we do recover a payout on your behalf, we may receive the payment, remove our agreed-on percentage, and cut you a check for the remainder.
Indianapolis Improper Lane Changes Lawyer Near Me 317-743-7971
Let an Indianapolis Improper Lane Change Lawyer Represent Your Best Interests
As someone who has only handled personal injury and an Indianapolis car accident cases since 1985, Randy Sevenish cautions accident victims about two things:
- Pro se representation: Filing your own claim without legal guidance may increase your stress level, be time-consuming, and may undercut the value of your payout.
- Hiring a lawyer from a discount law firm: This may not be much better than filing your claim on your own, as they may lack experience with cases like yours. These firms may handle almost any type of case, as jacks of all trades, but are masters of none.
At Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., our team only takes on personal injury cases, so we may know what to expect, any possible pitfalls, the necessary evidence to gather, and even how to identify often overlooked damages. We charge industry-standard pricing, which may be more than a discount firm; however, our clients could still walk away with more compensation if we are able to identify additional losses and negotiate the settlement.
Speak to a Member of Our Car Accident Team
At Sevenish Law Firm, P.C., our team may be able to help you seek compensation for the damages you suffered as a victim of an Indianapolis car accident caused by an improper lane change. Under Indiana Code 34-11-2, you may only have two years to take legal action in your case. We may need to get started as soon as possible to protect your rights and have access to necessary evidence.
Call (317) 636-7777 to get started with a free case review.